Powermate went out of business , but here is a website http://www.powermate.com/contact.php
you can probably get a off/ on switch at your local small engine repair shop. it probably can be any switch for a gen.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check the voltage sent to the field when running. It will probably be around 12 volts. You can try connecting a lantern battery BRIEFLY to the field to re-magnetize the field. Try bothe polarites.
Some have had a bad rectifier and one had a bad transformer that generaates the low voltage from the generated output. He had a broken wire from the winding to the wire from the transformer. He was able to reconnect the failed solder joint.
The generator has two joined circuit breakers that each are 110 volts. Between the two is 220.
If just one of those is opening WITH NOTHING PLUGGED IN, then there are only a few explanations.
1. There is a short in the wiring or the wiring has been tampered with and connected incorrectely.
2. The switch that switches the mode from 120 to 240 has gone bad, possibly with a welded contact. This would occur if the switch is changed with load on the generator. This could put a driect short on half the generator winding and cause one of the breakers to blow.
3. Worst is a winding short in the generator. Fortunately this is the least likely.
4. The 220 receptacle has been broken and insulation failed shorting one terminal to another.