- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the Toner Low/Empty message does not automatically clear when a new cartridge is installed, use the following to clear the message manually:
1.Press MENU # 1 9 3 4. The machine should display TECH. 2.Press MENU, and ENTER. The machine should display TECH Mode. 3.Press the left arrow < once. The machine will show NEW CARTRIDGE. 4.Press ENTER, the machine will show YES. 5.Press ENTER, there should not be any Toner Low/Empty message. 6.Exit TECH MODE, press MENU # 1 9 3 4. The machine will no longer display TECH.
If Toner Low/Empty message continues, there may be a problem with the toner cartridge or the machine.
Ignoring the Toner Empty Message
When the toner cartridge is empty, the machine shows a “Toner Empty”
message and stops printing.
You can set the machine to ignore the message when it displays and to
continue printing the pages.
1 Press Menu until “Machine Setup” appears on the display.
2 Press the scroll button ( or ) until “Ignore Toner” appears on the
bottom line and press Enter.
3 Press the Scroll button ( or ) to select “On” or “Off.”
Select “On” to ignore the Toner Empty message.
Select “Off” to stop printing when the message appears. This is the
4 Press Enter to save the selection.
I have a feeling that it is a re-manufactured or compatible cartridge?? There is a fuse that needs to be replaced on this unit. it blows when the cartridge is installed to reset the machine. If the fuse has not been replaced or is defective the machine will not recognize the new unit.
1. It tries to pump toner into a reservoir. If it doesn't activate a full sensor for the reservoir, it shows toner low.
2. Take the toner out and shake it hard about 10 times, this will make any settled toner loose, and should solve this. The problem is normally caused by old toner (your supplier might have had it on their shelf for a year or two).