Question about Computers & Internet
Everytime i use my dvd maker it stops working and it closes and says windows will close the program and notifiy you if a solution is avalible,can anybody help
What OS are you using? Ultimate, Premium, Basic?
Windows DVD Maker has stopped working Issue : While trying to create DVD in Windows DVD Maker in Vista, or while creating a DVD from Windows Movie Maker, which uses Windows DVD Maker, the burn process stops with error message.
Error message : " Windows DVD Maker has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. "
Cause : Windows DVD maker stops working because of incompatibility with one or more codec files which are outdated or incompatible with the particular project or the DVD Maker software itself.
These Codec files should be located and renamed to resolve the issue.
1. Open Start menu and type Event Viewer in the Start menu search bar. Open Event Viewer from the menu.
2. In the Event Viewer window Click on Windows Logs in the left panel
3. Click on Application Logs under Windows Logs
4. Locate error messages listed in the Central panel of the Event Viewer window and double click the error to check if this is log is related to DVD Maker.
Sample Error Log :
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
Fault Module Name: nevideohd.ax
Fault Module Version: 126.96.36.199
Fault Module Timestamp: 459bb828
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00008b89
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1062
5. Locate Fault Module name, it should be a file with extension .ax.
6. Once the file name is identified, try to locate the file in C:/Windows/System32 folder. ( Please click on Show Contents if the files are not listed Automatically ).
7. If the files are not listed in System32 folder, search for the file, with search containing system files and folders.
8. Locate the file and rename it.
9. Check if the issue persists. If the issue persists and the error message again appears, locate the new .ax file that is causing the issue from the Event Viewer, error log.
These steps will resolve the issue instantly without a restart.
Posted on Sep 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 22, 2011 | Sony Vegas Movie Studio for PC
Aug 17, 2010 | Arcsoft PhotoImpression 5
Sep 02, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Jul 11, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 02, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 23, 2008 | Yahoo Messenger
Oct 23, 2008 | Yahoo Messenger
Aug 06, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
480 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!