An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: connect wag200g to wap54g wireless
I am sorry to say this but the accesspoint WAP54G's capability as a wireless repeater can only be used with a WRT54G, WRT54GS and another WAP54G.
That means it will not work as a wireless repeater for the WAG200G gateway. If you need a wireless repeater, you can use a WRE54G. This is a Linksys wireless repeater and is compatible for all wireless AP's.
If you have any other questions, you can ask me and I'll help you.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ok, what you really want to do is have one router as an access point and the others all set as repeaters. You'll want to find some WAP54G for the access point/repeaters The procedure, I cannot explain better than this article does: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&login=1&app=search&vw=1&articleid=4200 it has diagrams and the works on setting those routers into repeater mode. Post a comment here if you have any issues with that configuration! NOTE: your configuration should use 2-3 WAP54G with a WRT54G as your main router at the modem.
Click on above link then you can download linksys E1000 router manual.
You can configure it with below method.
Connect your router to computer with ethernet cable then you can access it with following default link. http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.15.1 or http://192.168.2.1 If you are not able to access it with above ip then check your computers ip address gateway ip is your router ip try with it. Then it ask for user name and password. Type user as "admin" and password as "admin" or "password" or blank. Then you can see configuration page of router. Then configure wan settings and lan settings enable wireless if you want to use wifi . Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for using FixYa.
If you have forgotten your wireless security password then you need to
add new password because it is saved in * and # format so you need to
add new code. You need to configure your router. For that Connect your router to computer with ethernet cable then you can access it with following default link. http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 If you are not able to access it with above ip then check your computers ip address gateway ip is your router ip try with it. Then it ask for user name and password. Type user as "admin" and password as "admin" or "password" or blank. Then you can see configuration page of router. Click
on wireless settings enable wireless then enable WEP Security then add
WEP code .It isyour password to connect wi fi.Then save settings and
restart router. Then you can connect your wi fi network with that code. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for using FixYa.
The computer is viewing the signal, but its not connected yet. For that you have to enter a "key" in hexadecimal format. In other words you have to configure the security of the wireless connection on the router, then you have to enter the "key"that the router gives you. To enter the administrative configuration of the router, connect with the cable the computer and in the internet browser, enter 192.168.0.1 or search for gateway IP address of the computer. There you configure Wireless Settings. Always use encryption for security reasons. WEP encryption will be good.
This is done by simply holding down the reset button located on the back of the unit for at least 30 seconds. Once the WAP has been reset, it must be reconfigured. Using your web browser go to URL address http://192.168.1.245. To access the WAP's setup page, you have to static out you computer to IP:192.168.1.200 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 gateway: 192.168.1.245 Then you have to add the router's wireless mac address to the WAP. In the WAP, select "repeater mode" in the advance page. and type in the router's wirelesss mac address, that can be found in the wireless tab of the staus page.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
Requirements for WAP54G & WRT54G Repeater Mode function:
* WRT54G: Firmware 2.02.2 or higher
* WAP54G: Firmware 2.06 or higher
Go to http://www.linksys.com/download to download the latest firmware upgrades for both devices.
Accessing the Router?s Setup Page:
Open a Web Browser (either Internet Explorer or Netscape).
1. Type the IP Address of the Router into the Address Bar (192.168.1.1 is the default IP Address).
2. Click GO or press the [Enter] key.
The User Name and Password prompt will appear.
1. Leave the User Name field blank.
2. Type admin in for the Password (the default Password).
3. Click OK or press the Enter key.
The Router?s Setup page will open:
* Click on the Status Tab.
* Click on the Wireless sub tab.
Write down the Wireless MAC Address and the Channel number values located on this page. If the Encryption Function is Disabled, go to the WAP54G Repeater Setup section below.
If Encryption Function is Enabled:
Note: WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) is not yet compatible with wireless repeater mode. You must use WEP Encryption if you wish to use security options with this configuration.
To gather WEP encryption information, click on the upper Wireless tab, then the Wireless Security sub tab. Write down the Passphrase.
WAP54G Repeater Setup
Be sure that you have the WAP54G plugged directly into one of the WRT54G?s numbered ports for the duration of the setup.
Accessing the WAP54G?s Setup Page:
Open a Web Browser (either Internet Explorer or Netscape).
1. Type the IP Address of the WAP54G into the Address Bar (192.168.1.245 is the default IP address).
2. Click GO or press the Enter key.
3. The User Name and Password prompt will appear.
4. Leave the User Name blank.
5. Type in admin for the Password (the default password).
6. Click OK or press the [Enter] key.
The WAP54G?s Setup page will open.
1. Set the Channel value to the same channel as the WRT54G router that was obtained from earlier steps.
2. If WEP encryption was enabled on the WRT54G:
* Select Enable for the Wireless Security option.
* Click on the Edit Security Settings button and enter the same Passphrase as the one of the WRT54G router that you recorded. Click Generate to populate the WEP key fields.
* Click Save Settings to save your changes and close the encryption window.
Click Save Settings to save your changes on the Setup page.
3. Next, click on the AP Mode tab.
* Select the Wireless Repeater option.
* Enter the WIRELESS Mac Address from the WRT54G that you recorded. (Disregard the fact that the page asks to ?Enter the LAN MAC ADDRESS?).
Click Save Settings to save your changes. Close your web browser.
You can now place the WAP54G Access Point in another nearby location (with its power adapter plugged in) so that it can repeat the wireless signal that it receives from the WRT54G.
* The ?SSID? of the WAP54G does not have to be the same as the WRT54G. This can be used for initial configuration; using a different SSID will enable testing of network connectivity, and will show that the WRT54G is associated with the WAP54G.
* If MAC Filtering is configured on the WRT54G, no extra configuration is needed. Wireless clients will still need to be added the MAC Filter list of the WRT54G, but the WAP54G does not have to on the list.