Question about Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection Television
Have a horizonal line in the screen,hit magic focus and then get a #5 code in green..can get the manual grid on the screen but the square moves left and right but wont fix the green..convergence i assume..any thoughts
I posted this some time ago, but it is useful to your problem so here it goes:
It sounds like you convergence amplifiers are about to malfunction. If possible can you post a picture of what is happening. Again by the description you gave it sounds like the convergence amplifiers.
If you go to a shop the cost will about $400 - $500 (includes parts and labor).
If you do it yourself the cost will be about $25.00 - $50.00 (includes parts labor is free)
If you choose to do this yourself, here are the basic instructions:
1. Unplug the TV set
2. Take the rear bottom panel off
3. look for a large heat sink with two large black ICs (STK392-110) (6 sided components but rectangular in shape) on it, and remove the board the ICs are on from the TV set.
4. Unsolder the components using a soldering iron and a suction solder remover.
5. disconnect the components (ICs) from the heat sink
6. Unsolder all of the bias resistors and replace them with the proper values (usually 220, 150, 3.3, 2.2, and 3.9 ohms)
7. install the new ICs (STK392-110)
8. solder all connections IC and bias resistors
9. Inspect for shorts
10. reinstall circuit board
11. Plug the TV set in and turn it on.
Remember also check the deflection circuit for green since blue and red seem to be working.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2011 | Hitachi 51UWX20B 51" Rear Projection...
Jul 04, 2011 | Hitachi 51UWX20B 51" Rear Projection...
May 05, 2009 | Hitachi 51UWX20B 51" Rear Projection...
Mar 21, 2009 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Feb 15, 2009 | Hitachi 57F500 57" Rear Projection...
Oct 27, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 13, 2008 | Hitachi 53FDX01B 53" Rear Projection...
Jan 13, 2008 | Hitachi 43FDX01B TV
Dec 15, 2007 | Hitachi 43F300 43" Rear Projection...
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!