Question about Printers & Copiers
I have a Brother MFC 8860 DN Laser.
Just contacted Brother and they told me the following:
1. Switch off machine from Mains
2. Press and hold the Red "Stop/Exit" button
3. Switch on machine from mains.
It worked fine with me and the memory is back to 000 now.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
How do you clear memory on a brother mfc 3240c
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
SOURCE: Brother mFc 7820
I had work done on my laptop. I have a Brother MFC 7820N printer, scanner,fax,copier. I cannot find my cd for setting the drivers to have my laptop use the 7820N. Where can I pull the information down on line to enable my laptop to use my printer?
Shaun at WardLF357@aol.com:
Posted on Mar 06, 2008
You can cancel a fax job that is stored and waiting in the memory.
1 For MFC-210C,
press Menu/Set, 2, 5.
press Menu/Set, 2, 6.
Any jobs that are waiting will appear on the LCD.
2 If you have more than one job waiting, press ▲ or ▼ to select the
job you want to cancel.
If you only have one job waiting, go to Step 3.
3 Press 1 to cancel.
To cancel another job go to Step 2.
Press 2 to exit without canceling.
4 Press Stop/Exit.
That should do it for clearing faxes you dont need you can also print off all the faxes in the memory and I believe that clears it.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
Did you have a paper jam before this happened? If yes then the paper must have pushed the encoder strip out of alignment. You will need to turn off the printer and then push it back into slot to fix it. Let me know if you need more help. Sai.
Posted on Jun 11, 2009
From the Brother web site.
Description of Problem 100000018247
When I launch PC-Fax Receive Program, I receive an error stating: The Fax Receive program must be started to receive PC faxes. What can I do?pc fax rx
Description of Solution 200000023257
You may receive this error if the pc fax application is closed and you have faxes stored in the memory of the machine. To resolve this issue,you will need to print the faxes already stored in the memory of the machine. To print the faxes, please follow these steps:
1. Press the MENU key.
2. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Fax.
3. Press the OK key to confirm your choice.
4. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Print Fax.
5. Press OK.
6. Press the BLACK START key.
- Your Brother machine will print the stored faxes.
7. Press the STOP/EXIT key to exit the menu.
8. Once the stored faxes have been printed, click WINDOWS/START, (ALL) PROGRAMS, BROTHER, XXX-XXXX (X = MODEL NUMBER), PC-FAX RECEIVING, XXX-XXXX or RECEIVE (depending on your operating system).
9. The Brother PC-fax receiving icon will now appear in your Windows Task Tray indicating that Brother PC-Fax Receiving is active.
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2015 | Brother MFC-665CW All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 05, 2011 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-665CW...
Mar 24, 2010 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-665CW...
Oct 02, 2009 | Brother MFC 3220C All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 03, 2009 | Brother MFC-7820N Printer
Jun 14, 2009 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-665CW...
Jun 12, 2009 | Brother MFC-665CW All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 11, 2009 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Jun 12, 2008 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
3,926 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!