Question about Car Audio & Video
MOPAR DVD Rear Seat Video
installed in grand Voyager: the manual describes the process to change the "RATING" under the setup menu ! a password is required, (thats no problem)
However the defination of "RATING" is unclear !
Does this have anything to do with setting a different region code for DVD's (say from Asia / Europe / USA etc)?
the menu options are:
Level: 8 no limit
1 All Limit
What could "Rating" Mean ?
Ultimately i would like to set the player to paly disks from all regions (i.e. Multi Region dvd player)? Any Solutions?
I couldn't find any info on this players region code, but most DVD stores carry DVDs from all regions, and many players today can play DVDs of any region. To be sure call the local DVD store that you like and ask them what region DVDs they have. Hope I helped ;]
Posted on Mar 30, 2006
SOURCE: multi region code
This is not possible without bypasssing/cracking the firmware on your DVD player. your player will generally allow 3 changes to the region code. If you have not changed yet, you may do so within the DVD player's setup options.
Posted on May 03, 2008
1. Press the Menu button on your remote control 2. Press the 5 button on your remote control
3. Press the 7 button on your remote control
4. Press the 5 button on your remote control
5. Press the 3 button on your remote control
6. Press the 8 button on your remote control
7. The currently selected region will be indicated on the TV.
8. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for region 2, and so on, or the 9 button for multi-region playback
9. Press the Menu button on your remote control
10. Press the Menu button on your remote control
Tested with Region 1 DVD's on my UK player (Region 2 bought from Comet)
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
Try this procedure
. Turn on the unit
2. Open the loading tray
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key
5. Enter 138931
6. You will now see the current region code displayed
7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all regions
8. Press the "Play" button on the remote
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2014 | Jeep commander media system, rear seat...
Oct 19, 2012 | 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager
Mar 16, 2012 | Chrysler 300M Cars & Trucks
Fig. Typical W-Body rear seat cushion removal
Fig. Typical W-Body rear seat back removal
Nov 07, 2010 | 1999 Buick Century
Aug 18, 2010 | 1991 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 03, 2008 | Denon AVR588 Receiver
Nov 30, 2006 | iLO DVDR05 DVD Recorder
869 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!