Question about Computers & Internet
Many things could be causing this ..
1. Defective Router
2. Defective Power Supply.
3. Router Thermal Shutdown due to Over Heat.
4. Plain ole user error.
5. Computer error
Routers are offten subject to these issues.
Computer error is what I suspect is happening to you.
1. Download ALL of the windows critical updates and service packs
2. keep your computer and the router cooled off , keep the room temperature down to 75F
3. Check everything to see if things are getting too hot. if anything is getting too hot to touch it's too hot normaly computer components should not exceed 145F sometimes more than 100F will cause
things to start shutting down.
Heat and DUST are the enemy.
4. make sure your computer is clean.
5. Once you've gotten all that straight , it's time to start digging
The very first thing to do is call your ISP to make 50000% certan that you have configured
your router and your computer exactly as they specify.
a router configured incorreclty can cause a loss of connection.
Thank you for using FixYa!
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2007 | X-Micro Technology (XWL11GRIX) Router
Jan 27, 2012 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Jul 25, 2011 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Apr 19, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 11, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 10, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Router
Jul 28, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 27, 2009 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Jul 20, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: