Question about PC Desktops
Many things could be causing this ..
1. Defective Router
2. Defective Power Supply.
3. Router Thermal Shutdown due to Over Heat.
4. Plain ole user error.
5. Computer error
Routers are offten subject to these issues.
Computer error is what I suspect is happening to you.
1. Download ALL of the windows critical updates and service packs
2. keep your computer and the router cooled off , keep the room temperature down to 75F
3. Check everything to see if things are getting too hot. if anything is getting too hot to touch it's too hot normaly computer components should not exceed 145F sometimes more than 100F will cause
things to start shutting down.
Heat and DUST are the enemy.
4. make sure your computer is clean.
5. Once you've gotten all that straight , it's time to start digging
The very first thing to do is call your ISP to make 50000% certan that you have configured
your router and your computer exactly as they specify.
a router configured incorreclty can cause a loss of connection.
Thank you for using FixYa!
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2013 | eMachines ET1161-03 PC Desktop
Jan 26, 2010 | Medion M3 Composer 5100 PC Desktop
Jul 18, 2009 | Dell PC Desktops
Feb 16, 2009 | Compaq Pesario S4120WM (DK216AR#ABA) PC...
Feb 13, 2009 | PC Desktops
Oct 27, 2008 | PC Desktops
Sep 28, 2008 | PC Desktops
May 23, 2008 | PC Desktops
May 04, 2008 | PC Desktops
Apr 26, 2008 | PC Desktops
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!