I had just bought my camera a couple months ago. I rarely use it (more for special occasions). It has worked well up until now.
My battery takes forever to charge even though it's supposed to only be 100 minutes. When it's finished charging, I put it in my camera and try to turn it on. The screen turns on with the Fujifilm logo and the lens folds out like normal. But then the screen goes black like it's lost power and the lens stays folded out.
Sometimes the screen goes from the logo to a completely white screen and stays like that. During the white screen, I can't turn the camera off using the power button and have to physically take out the battery.
a 6ya Expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to an Expert (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if it has a view finder make sure in the settings that the image is set to show up on the LCD screen also make sure the batteries have a FULL charge which means at least 8 hours of uninterrupted charging before use.
My guess is that with most nice digi cams it is set to not show the image in the LCD viewfinder but rather the actual real time with your eye view finder. look around the menu if you can and see what you can change as far as view finding and if i didn't help please specify the problem a little more and i will be glad to do whatever i can to help.
Sorry, no solution. Same problem here. I am very unhappy because initially it took great pictures. The first one I tried only worked a couple of days and I returned to store and they replaced. Second worked a couple of months and now immediately draws down power and won't work on new batteries. I was told to use NH-10 batteries (rechargeable). I did this from the beginning. Still won't hold charge.
First off, everything was not fine until this morning. You had this occur a month ago. Frankly, I would have done exactly as you did a month ago and nothing more. I have seen too many electrical problems permanently solved by turning a device off and then on, or by rebooting.
Here is what I would generally recommend:
1. See what the camera manual suggests.
2. Charge the batteries fully before using them. New ones are often not charged up. They could have been in a warehouse for months.
3. The electrical contacts on your camera, the ones that interface with the batteries, may be a little corroded. If you can access them easily, try cleaning them with the eraser on the end of a pencil. Same with the batteries themselves.
4. If exposed to prolonged high humidity, electrical problems may include not only the power supply, but other electrical switches, such as the reset button., which you cannot address on your own.
5. Call Sony.