Question about Brasstech 121-10B Large Basket Strainer, Post Type-Oil Rubbed Bronze

1 Answer

Oil? what type of oil should be used in a craftsman 6.75

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 653 Answers

If you don't have the owners manual to refer to for the grade of oil and it is not marked on the dipstick, I would suggest a straight 30 weight oil would be your safest option. Anything thicker or thinner could damage the motor.

Posted on Jul 10, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do i remove a single handle kitchen faucet

There is typically a cover plate that needs to be pried off. Under it you will find a screw that needs to be removed. Other types use a set-screw that would be visible at the base of the handle.

Aug 07, 2014 | Pegasus Technologies Pegasus Kitchen Sink...

1 Answer

What is the proper way to install a BLANCO sink strainer Kitchen Sink COD.100113 I believe is the code # Thank you

Hello, W/D here.

To install your strainer, you'll need some plumber's putty. The old one is removed by loosening the large ring on the underside and the strainer pulls out from the sink side. Once you are down to just the hole in the sink, you're ready to install the new strainer.
Get a portion of the plumber's putty in your hand about the size of a golf ball. divide it into two portions. Take one part, and roll it in between your hands, palms together and vertical, making a rope.
Take your rope, and place it around the sink hole. If you need more putty, roll the other portion in a similar fashion, and continue around the hole. You may need to overlap the rope putty where it's thin and at the ends to make sure that you get a good seal when you apply pressure the the basket. Place the strainer basket in the hole and press it down lightly, just enough to hold it in place. From under the sink, place the gaskets on the threads, followed by yjr large ring nut that will hold it all in place. Usually, there are two gaskets, a paper type, and a plastic type. Put the paper one on first, followed by the plastic, then the nut. Screw the nut down, applying some pressure to the strainer and plumber's putty. Adjust the strainer now, centering it in the depression in the bottom of the sink. Continue tightening the ring nut, pulling the strainer down into the sink, and squeezing the plumber's putty out, making a seal. Get it pretty snug, and wait a minute. The putty will continue to settle in the seal, and you will be able to tighten it some more after it does. Do this several times, and you'll end up with a good seal that will last. Take a regular screwdriver, and trace it around the strainer on the sink side to release the excess putty. You can ball it up, and press it back into the tub of putty, ready for the next time.

Best regards, --W/D--

Feb 09, 2011 | Blanco Sink Waste Strainer / Stopper...

3 Answers

Where do you find replacement rubber feet for sink baskets.

I contacted the manufacturer. They had the feet at $4.70 per package of four feet. I ordered two packages. I received what they sent today. The shipment included ONE package of feet, A BILL for $4.70, TAX of $.61 and Postage and Handling at $3.99 for a total of $9.30 for four feet. When I checked online the see if there were any other sources, I entered the item number, 84544-0. and found PLUMBERSURPLUS.COM. They had the same feet at $3.22 per package of four; NO tax and FREE shipping. I ordered two packages for a total cost of $6.44.

So my Solution is to bypass Kohler,, which is a bit on the greedy side, and buy these feet directly from PLUMBER SURPLUS or whatever online site offers the best deal. I would continue to use Kohler to get part numbers as needed but, unless you're into philanthropy for large corporations, do not buy from Kohler. Best of luck.

Dec 29, 2010 | Kohler K-8803-VS Duostrainer sink basket...

1 Answer

My pacemaker starts throbbing in my abdomin at 17.15 hrs every day which lasts for 3 minutes. is this normal

Boy is this posted in the wrong place. "If the pacemaker has one lead, it is known as a single chamber pacemaker. The lead can be placed in either the right atrium or the right ventricle. This type of device can be used only if the signal from the SA node or the AV node is the problem, and all other electrical conduction in the patient's heart is working correctly. Patients with this type of pacemaker can sometimes feel an uncomfortable neck throbbing, chest fullness or faintness when the device fires, known as pacemaker syndrome. Because of this problem, and the general ability to pump a greater volume of blood, some patients are treated with a dual chamber system."--BNET

Oct 25, 2009 | Pacemaker Plumbing

1 Answer

HI, I have an older American Standard kitchen sink. I am trying to remove the basket strainer, but it is not coming out, because it has no backing nut. I now have all the parts off that will come off,...

The opening below the strainer (the drain connection) has to have a backing nut, or it would have never sealed. Look again under the sink. It'll be a large diameter nut. You should be able to feel the threads. If possible, I prefer to remove the sink from the opening and work on it in the open, with the sink upside down. If you can locate the nut, get someone to keep it from spinning in the hole while you turn the nut. The easiest way to move these things without the proper wrench is to put penetrating oil on it, and drive it loose with a hammer and chisel. Best regards, --W/D--

Aug 06, 2009 | American Standard Plumbing

1 Answer

Peeling paint coming off of oil rubbed bronze basket strainer

Bronze is more expensive than standard mass production is worth, i supposed if you want them made out of any mat. you can call kohler and pay for it, i've been to their plant and they do some pretty awsome custom work.
Rubbed oil is just a color and somtimes "you get what you pay for" if you buy a cheap basket strainer they usually do exactly what you're saying.
You can buy more expensive strainers that have a better finish, I know Kohler and Moen have lifetime warranty finish on many of their higher end products.

Mar 03, 2009 | Mountain Plumbing Mountain Basket Strainer...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Brasstech 121-10B Large Basket Strainer, Post Type-Oil Rubbed Bronze  Logo

Related Topics:

150 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Brasstech Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

14725 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

28963 Answers

Are you a Brasstech Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides