I have a whirlpool GGW9200 gas dryer. It will heat up during the cycle but it stops before it's finished showing E1 as an error code. It doesn't do this all the time, but it has to be somethingwrong to cause it to continue doing this . Any help????
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The E1 error code means that the electronic thermostat is the problem. With what your describing as far as it being very hot and the E1 code,i would suspect one of 2 things;
1) the thermister is bad and needs to be replaced
2) thier is a blocked/restricted vent and or excessive lint built up in the blower housing causing the heat to be retained in the dryer instead of being vented out and across the thermister where its getting a false reading and throwing up the E1 error code
replace the compressor "compressor relay and the compressor overload" that are on the side of the compressor.
location: should be in the back on the bottom behind the panel.
if you have a circuit board they may need to be replaced as well.
did the coils help at all?? sounds as if its cycling to quickly, forom perhaps a bad cyclyng thermostat or a thermistor(usually would so an error code of e1--e2), you sure this is set for correct tyoe of gas,, lp/ natural???
The E-1 error code is a thermistor error, some problem with the variable resistance.....this can be caused by over use of fabric softener sheets, which can cause lint to become tacky and coat the thermistor, or it just simply failed. Try replacing the thermistor.