Recently I have buy a Nokia N73 mobile but it always hanging with mmc and with out mmc too and second it not doing hard format when I keep Pressed (green button.*,3)? Already i have new version(4.08184.108.40.206).
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
Re: Nokia N73 hanging
It generally hangs when u install new new softwares in it, which is sometimes not compatable with ur mobile platform.
now what u have to do is u have to format ur phone to factory settings that is the only way which is to be done in regard to make ue phone run smooth sometime when u talk for long hours on ur cell fone , it gets heat up and ur call get automatically disconnected.
u have to reset it which is sometimes dangerous to ur cell phone, it might cause some harm to it.
There r two ways to format ur Cell Phone 1. Soft Core Format 2. Hard Core Format
1. In Soft Core Format u have to dial *#7370# or dial *#7780# this will format ur phone memory and u have to manually format ur memory card 2. In Hard Core Format ur mobile gets formatted as a tough format, u have to keep on pressing the three buttons simultaneously(at the same time) for a long period unless u get a screen on ur phone when it asks for the region(ur country).
what u have to do: 1. switch OFF ur mobile 2. u have to press three keys at a time Call Button (green key) + * key + 3 at the same time 3. now dont get ur fingers off those buttons , ask someone to switch ur mobile ON (if possible make ur cell phone placed on some table for stability) (please dont move ur fingers off those three keys unless u get the screen where u r asked for ur region) once u got that screen ur cell phone is formatted
NOTE: Formatting the phone with HARD CORE FORMAT METHOD may be harmful if not done in the correct way
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi first of all remove mmc(memory card),sim card and try to reboot.If the problem persist you need to flash the phone so,
Click here1 if you wish to do it by yourself or you can contact nearest mobile repairing shop.And here is the link to download flash file
All nokia bb5 flash file.good luck thanks for visiting fixya
REMOVE MMC BACK UP OF ALL UR DATA FROM PHONE MEMORY INSTALL NOKIA PC SUITE IN UR PC AND DOWNLOAD UPDATES FOR NOKIA MOBILE FROM NOKIA.COM INSTALL IT AND UPDATE UR MOBILE ONLINE.IT WILL FORMATE UR MOBILE AND RESET UR CODE TO 12345 AND ALSO RESET ALL SETTINGS OR
do restore factor setting form setting menu it solve ur problems or backup ur data format ur phone use *#7370# code it remove all virus and corrupt file
i guarantee my solution is always right
plz dont forgetme to rate on fixya (blue line)
Good day sir! the most common solution to your n73 is to format because it might have virus, formatting should be made also to your mmc so that not only your unit will be clean but also your mmc because if not the virus from your mmc might infect again your unit.. If this solution doesn't work your try to full format your unit with the use of box that can put program to it...manual formatting is *#7370# or *#7780#
1) Do _not_ turn off the mobile phone! 2) Remove the Memory Card (MMC) from the locked phone and put it into a second mobile. Install FExplorer on the second mobile phone. Create the directory E:SystemRecogs and copy thc-nokia-unlock.mdl into this directory. 3) Remove the Memory Card and place it into the locked phone. The THC-NOKIA-UNLOCK program should start after 120 seconds. 4) Remove the battery. Remove the MMC. Put the battery back and restart. The Phone Lock has been reset to "12345".
Best Solution :
RESETTING PHONE BY NOKIA SECRET CODES (steps 1 and 2)
1st step : SOFT RESETTING NOKIA MOBILE
Take backups of ur phone books,calender and others, then
simply enter the code
2nd step : HARD RESETTING BY CODE
Just enter the code-
Then it asks for security code enter ur security code whose deafault value is
The battery must be full or the charger has to be connected to the phone so
that it does not run out of power and make the phone unusable.
Take backup of the contacts and other important data in MMC .
3rd step :FLASHING: ANOTHER METHOD FOR
HARD FULL FORMATTING
This step is known as flashing of phone. Always do this step at last (after 1st
2 steps are over and u are not successfull)
1. Make sure you phone is fully charged. (At minimum 3/4 of bettery should be
2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card (if
3. Switch-off your mobile phone.
4. Press and hold these three keys together
-Green dial key,-Star key (*)-Three key (3)
then press the power on/off to swtich on the phone.
Do not let go the three keys until you see the “formatting” screen displayed
5. After a few minutes, the format will be complete. Your mobile will now be at
its original factory settings (It will reach the same state as that in when you
>To update firmware install pc suite as well as nokia software updater. now attach your mobile to pc with data cable .Not through bluetooth connection or infrared connection..
try to remove your memory card'
and resset your phone,
and after you resset your phone'
don't yet put your MMC try it if the slowly is fix'
and turn off your phone and put your MMC,
if your phone is slowly again
you should have to Resset your phone again and format your MMC in PC and turn it off again your phone'
insert your MMC and turn it on and format your MMC in your N73 mobile... i hope thix procedure will help your prob.