Question about Averatec 6200 Notebook
I enter recovery media , when it finish i got only blach screen.
i start my laptop again and i see message:
"file corrupt or missing \WINDOWS\system32\config\system"
"to fix this problem insert orginal setup CD-ROM"
but i dont have any cd-rom
and i dont know that to do
i try to find on internet to buy cd like that but i dont see any info about it
and plese dont tell me to go to www.trigem.com/us/ becouse there is no 6200 series and this is what i have
averatec 6200 series
When was the system purchased?? If it was after 2005 then you will ahve to do a PC restore... This will reset the computer to factory settings...all data will be lost...here are the steps...
1. Please turn off the system and disconenct all the peripheral devices from the system.
2. Please restart the system.
3. Please press and hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard and start tapping F11 key simultaneously as soon as you restart the system. The Dell PC Restore by Symantec window appears.
4. Please click the Restore button or press the --Tab-- key to highlight Restore and press the --Enter-- key.
A caution message appears advising that all data will be lost.
5. Please click the Confirm button or press the --Tab-- key to highlight Confirm and press the --Enter-- key.
The Progress window appears. Once the process is begun, Dell PC Restore usually takes only 8 to 10 minutes to complete.
When the restore is complete, the message The system recovery process was successful appears.
6. Please click the Finish button or press the --Tab-- key to highlight Finish and press the --Enter-- key.
The computer will restart.
1. Turn on the computer.
2. As the computer starts, press F8 on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
3. Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
8. Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
9. Click Finish to restart the system.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
Averatec is famous for not supporting their laptops after they sell them. If your system is giving missing files after a full restore, it's possible you've got some bad hardware. Try running a memory test by downloading memtest86+, and burning it to a cd. It will need to run overnight. If you've got bad ram, replace it. You can also test your hard drive by downloading the support softare for your specific brand of hard drive. Maxtor used the maxblast, western digital used powermax, and hitachi/ibm uses another, but I can't remember the name. Try those, and let me know.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 14, 2013 | Dell LATITUDE PC Laptops
Jul 16, 2011 | Dell Latitude D810 PC Notebook
Jul 14, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Aug 14, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Sep 22, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Aug 19, 2009 | Acer Extensa 5620-4677 Notebook
Dec 18, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Jan 09, 2008 | HP Pavilion ze2000 Notebook
159 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: