Hi i got my sansa clip two years ago, and now when i try to transfer songs from computer to the player a window sows up and say:
"cannot copy (the name of the song) the device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected"
the device is connected and charging, its truly weird, help me please!
I had a similar problem with with one of my mobiles, so not sure if it applies in this case, check the ports, and make sure the device is connected to the correct usb port that the pc has allocated to your portable device (sansa clip)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. First, you have songs saving in your computer.
2. You have 2 ways to put music on the Sandisk Sansa Clip:
2.1. Plug device into computer, Drag and Drop music from your computer into "Music" folder of the Sandisk Sansa Clip.
2.2. Use Windows Media Player in your computer to transfer songs to your device; Plug device to computer, open Windows Media Player, click on Sync tab, drag and drop music into "Drag items here " on the right side of the windows media player, click on Start Sync button.
First, you have songs into your computer. Then, plug the device to computer and use one of two ways to download music to your Sansa Clip:
1. Select songs you want transfer, drag & drop them into Music folder in the device.
2. Use Windows Media Player: plug device to pc, open windows media player, click on Sync tab, drag and drop songs selected to Sync List space (on the right side of wmp), click on Start Sync button to transfer.
You have 2 ways to transfer your songs from your computer to your sansa clip:
1. Plug sansa clip to computer, double click on "Sansa Clip ...GB", double click on "Internal Memory", you will see the file "Music", copy your songs and paste them into Music file of the device.
2. Using Windows Media Player: open windows media player, plug sansa clip into computer, click on Sync tab, select songs that you want to sync, drag and drop song selected into "Sync list" on the right side of the windows media player (you should update wmp11), then click on button Start Sync.
try using windows media player to transfer the music...here's how
1.Update WMP to version 10 or 11
2.goto sync tab and yoyc player must be detected.
3.create a playlist of songs you want to transfer
4.click on start sync to transfer music to your player.
The songs ripped from CD are not in the right format. In Windows Media Player, highlight the Rip tab, click the black arrow under the Rip tab, select Rip Options --> Format --> Mp3. Now, re-rip the songs. Before you transfer these tracks to the player, make sure you delete the tracks that are on the mp3 player now, or else Windows Media Player wil ltell you that the tracks are already there. Now, transfer the newly-ripped Mp3 tracks to your Sansa. Should be good to go.
Chiquititas and oswaldjude sound like they have a similar problem. Try disconnecting the Clip, turning it off, setting the slider switch on the left to "Hold", and then reconnecting to USB while holding the center button down. Continue to hold the button for about 5 - 7 more seconds before releasing.
For 31188, what version of Windows are you running? Depending on what version of WMP you have, there are different ways to see the songs on your Clip in the interface.