Question about Computers & Internet
Very Carefully! ... jk lol
1. You'll want to begin by removing the top plate cover of YOUR laptop/notebook illustration below.
2. keep trac of every screw or **** or metal item you remove
3. You'll next want to detach the display ribbon cable , this is just an example
4. finaly you'll want to remove any OTHER ribbon cables , exampe below.
5. now for the tricky parts , you'll need to make sure you DO NOT PRY anything open
keep searching for hidden screws that may be located underneith plastic covers
that parts very tricky because sometimes they disguise them very well
6. once you find the screws to remove the face plate , illustrated below you'll be able to install your
new display screen without any farther assistance.
you do not need to remove the metal rods that hold the display in place , you just want to remove the face plate like this example my screen has cracked and - d298892.jpg>
Thank you for using FixYa!
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2014 | Samsung Televison & Video
Dec 10, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Turn off the power to your computer and unplug all cables connected to it. Remove the battery, if one is installed.
Locate the covered screws around the cracked screen. Remove the rubber or plastic covers, then unscrew the screws.
Gently remove the plastic frame around the cracked screen and set it aside. Disconnect any power cords or cables going into the LCD screen.
Remove the cracked screen and slide the new screen into place. Replace any tape or plastic fasteners that hold it in place.
Reconnect all internal cords to the screen. Screw in the frame and replace all the screw covers.
Reconnect the power supply and all external cables to the LCD screen and switch it on.
sincerely. God bless you
managua, nicaragua. c.a.
Feb 15, 2012 | Logitech Harmony One LCD Touchscreen...
Mar 01, 2010 | LG Vu CU920 Cellular Phone
May 22, 2009 | 2000 Ford Focus
Jan 01, 2009 | Crock Pots & Slow Cookers
Oct 13, 2008 | Televison & Video
Feb 23, 2018 | HP Computers & Internet
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!