Question about Gateway Computers & Internet
i am giving my sugggestions.
Remedies. The remedies below should be performed in order. NOTE:Turn off the computer after each step. Never work inside the computer case with the power turned on.
1. Check and make sure all cables are firmly attached to the back of the computer and to all external devices. Retry.
2. Remove the case cover from the computer. Make sure all cables (hard drive, power cables, other disk cables) inside the computer are firmly attached.
Press down on all ISA and PCI cards and make sure they are firmly seated. Make sure your DRAM memory cards are firmly seated. Feel the top of the CPU and make sure it is not hot (warm is OK). Retry.
3. This step is only for newly built computers that have not successfully booted. Get out your motherboard manual, or download one from the manufacturer's site, and go over all your motherboard jumper settings.
Set the jumpers in the most conservative position. Review all your accessory wire connections (keyboard lock, hard drive access light, etc.) and make sure the connectors to the motherboard are facing the same direction. Retry.
4. Turn the computer back on with the case off. Verify that your CPU and power supply fan are running. If either one is not running you have a problem. If the power supply fan is not running replace the power supply (make sure the power connectors are correctly attached to the motherboard). Make sure the CPU fan is connected to power on the motherboard. If it is correctly connected and still doesn't run, replace it. Retry.
5. Unplug your computer. Remove all PCI and ISA cards. Reinstall the video card and disconnect the hard drive cable. Plug in the keyboard, video cable, and power cable. Restart your computer. If this worked, go to Step 6. If your DOS screen doesn't come up at this point try the following ideas.
a. Closely examine your motherboard and make sure it is not making contact with the computer case, which will short it.
b. Your video card, video cable, or monitor may be malfunctioning. Borrow a video card, cable and monitor, retry.
c. Remove and reinstall your DRAM. If your computer can not find system memory it will not POST.
d. Remove the CPU and reinstall it.
e. Follow your motherboard manual's instructions for resetting your BIOS to its default configuration.
If your computer still will not boot into a DOS screen, seek professional help.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2015 | Brother Sewing Machines
Apr 02, 2014 | Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Si 3655 13.3" Laptop...
Jun 10, 2011 | Gateway FHX2300 LCD TV
Mar 05, 2010 | Samsung Syncmaster 730B 17" Flat Panel LCD...
Aug 19, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jul 11, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4520-5141 Notebook
Jun 25, 2009 | Apple Ipod Nano Second Gen. Green (4 GB)...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!