My computer's dvd drive won't read dvds, it can burn disks and do everything else but when I put a DVD in it treats it as if it was a blank cd, I have tried multipple dvds that work on other computers/dvd players.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you cannot hear the disk spinning when you put the cd or DVD in you may have a broken CD/DVD drive, easily and cheaply replaceable for under $20 at any store (Recommended: Best Buy). Try putting your Windows Disc into the drive to see if it is only a problem with playing Media, or if it is a problem with the drive itself and go from there. Good luck!
When the CD/Dvd Drive becomes old the Optical Lense is not strong enought to read DVD because DVD is more dense than CD track. You can Try to clean the lense. There are lense cleaner available on the market.
we may need more details but you can try this for now
1. are you sure you have a cd writer or a dvd writer (writer = burner)--- check the front edge of your cd/dvd unit and look for words like "writer" "burner" or writeable next to the word dvd or compact disc... keep in mind not all cd/dvd writer can write (burn) cd or dvds, some may burn cd but not dvds.
2. is your cd/dvd unit compatible with the media (cd or dvd blank disk) you are trying to use.. depending your cd/dvd especifications your dvd/cd drive is compatible with certain types of cd or dvds that are writeable.
3. is the cd/dvd a writeable cd/dvd and is compatible with your cd/dvd drive? for instance.. if you are using a blank dvd and your cd/dvd drive only burn cd/s and read dvd and cd you won't be able to write to the blank dvd.
4. are you trying to burn a dvd in a corporate computer.?? as a user (not an administrator) of your corporate computer you may not have priviledges that will allow them to burn dvd/cd's even you your drive and your media are compatible.
the error that you get
the brand and model of the computer you're using
the type of media you're using