As the TomTom is making beeping sounds, its a good indication that its not a hardware fault, it sounds to me its a software issue.
What you could do is try to reinstall the voices on your device. To do this, follow these steps:-
I presume you have TomTom Home installed already, if not you can download it from
STEP 1 Make a Backup
Once the backup has been made, please do the following:-
- Connect your TomTom to the computer and switch it on
- Open TomTom Home
- Click on 'backup and restore' and make a backup if you haven't done so already
STEP 2 Remove the existing voice files
- Open My Computer, you will see the TomTom as two removable drives, one will be the internal memory and one will be for the SD card slot on the device.
- Click into the Internal memory drive, you should see a whole load of files and folders.
- You should see a folder called LoquendoTTS or Loquendo, click into this folder and delete the contents (all the files and folders inside the loquendo folder)
- Go back to the root directory of the TomTom and delete the folder 'Voices'
STEP 3 Download and Reinstall the voices via TomTom Home
STEP 4 Install the Clear Flash Tool from TomTom
- Go back to TomTom Home
- Click on Add Maps, traffic and Voices
- Select Voices. Loacate the voice of Jane and Tim and add them to your device
- Go back to the main menu of TomTom Home, click on Add Maps, traffic and Voices -> Computer Voices and install the voice of Kate or Simon (UK English computer voices)
- Close TomTom Home and also Close it from the system tray. (in the bottom right hand corner of your screen down by the computer clock, you should see a red icon for TomTom Home, Right click on it and choose 'exit')
STEP 5 Test the voices
- Once Home has closed completely, please download and install the clear flash tool from:- http://www.tomtom.com/updates/clear_flash/clear_flash.exe (Home must be completely closed, otherwise it may not install correctly)
- Accept the license agreement and keep pressing the Next arrow until the clear flash tool has installed.
- Your device will start flashing to say there is some activity on your device
- When your device has finished flashing on the screen (might take a minute), use the 'safely remove hardware' feature of your PC to disconnect the TomTom
- Switch the TomTom off then take it out of the dock.
This should get the voices working again, if not it might be worth giving TomTom Support a call and they can talk you through it.
- Switch the TomTom back on, but not connected to the dock
- Let it load up to the main navigation screen
- Tap onto the menu and tap onto 'Change Preferences -> Voice Preferences'.
- Select a non-computer voice i.e. Jane or Tim and press test. You should now hear the voice instruction
- Try selecting the voice of Kate or Simon i.e. the computer voices, and press test, you should now hear the computer voice.
Hope this works for you