Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
When the unit is started in any cycle it will lock the door and then run water in for a couple of seconds. It then stops the water and unlocks and immediately locks again. There is no further action except the timer counting down until f-28 code. There is no tub rotation and the ccu was replaced.
you said, you when the unit is started in any cycle it will lock the door and then run water in for a couple of seconds. It then stops the water and unlocks and immediately locks again. There is no further action except the timer counting down until f-28 code. There is no tub rotation and the ccu was replaced.
I see you did a couple of tests and replaced the CCU!!
You did do what I would have suggested.
You may need to use hands on service this time!
rather than swapping out expensive parts blindly!
Let me know...
Please remember to leave a rating
This is the condition fo the F28 error code
SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR
The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.
This is what you need to check and or repair
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing the MCU connectors.
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2014 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE4t Front Load Washer
Nov 28, 2013 | Samsung 4.3 cu. ft. VRT Plus , Steam and...
Oct 13, 2012 | Whirlpool WFW8300SW
Oct 08, 2012 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF7000E Front Load...
Jan 16, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 16, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Sep 20, 2008 | Washing Machines
Jun 08, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
307 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: