Question about Amana Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I CAN SEE THE ELECTRIAL AND HEAR THE ELETRIAL IN SIDE THE MICROWAVE. YOU CAN SEE THE ELECTRIAL BURN THE FOOOD UP. ALL THE FOOD WILL BURN UP IN ABOUT 3 SECOND.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 242 Answers

Bad, very bad. don't use any more until repaired.

Posted on Sep 17, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Why is there a burn hole inside the oven, on the cardboard?


That's actually a mica "window" (cover) for the microwaves to come out. And it sounds like the magnetron started arcing and burned a hole in that cover. Either that, or some food (frequently spaghetti sause) got splattered on it, and the microwaves heated it up so much that it burned a hole in the cover. Does the microwave oven still work (heat)? Do you see or hear any arcing? If the microwave oven still works and there is no arcing, you can just replace that cover. Check SearsPartsDirect.com or RepairClinic.com.

Jul 10, 2014 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sharp convection microwave oven model R1875F. It's cooking on the left side faster then the rest of the oven. It seems to burn on the left side and not cook in the middle.


see the next causes. God bless you
Diode The high voltage diode converts the A/C power output of the transformer to D/C, doubling the voltage to nearly 5,000 volts. This high voltage powers the magnetron which emits the energy that cooks the food. If the diode burns out, a lower A/C voltage reaches the magnetron, which is not sufficient to power the magnetron. When the diode fails it is often visibly burned out. If it appears to be good, it can be tested with a volt-Ohm meter capable of testing diodes. High voltage diodes frequently fail and are one of the most common points of failure in a microwave oven.

Door Switch If the microwave does not heat, one of the door switches might be defective. Microwave ovens normally have three door switches, if any of them fail the microwave does not turn on and does not heat. Check the switches for continuity with an Ohm meter.

Magnetron If the microwave oven doesn't heat the magnetron tube might have burned out. The magnetron uses high voltage, high current DC power to generate the microwave frequency that cooks the food. If the microwave oven is turned on when it is empty this can cause the magnetron to burn out. Once it is burned out it has to be replaced, it's not repairable.

High Voltage Capacitor If the microwave doesn't heat the high voltage capacitor might be defective. The high voltage capacitor works with the high voltage diode to convert the output of the transformer to DC voltage and to double the output voltage. If the capacitor is burned out the entire high voltage circuit stops working properly. The high voltage capacitor can be checked with a special VOM meter which has a capacitance testing capability. Be aware that the high voltage capacitor can retain a charge of more than 3,000 volts and can injure or kill a person if not handled properly. Only trained technicians should perform this type of testing.

High Voltage Transformer If the microwave does not heat, the high voltage transformer might be burned out. Microwave ovens produce a very high voltage in order to power the magnetron antenna, which emits the energy that cooks the food.

Thermal Fuse If the microwave doesn't heat the thermal fuse may have blown. It can be tested for continuity. Watch our fuse testing video for more information.

Thermoprotector If the microwave doesn't heat the thermoprotector may have tripped. This is a safety device to prevent the microwave from overheating. It can be tested for continuity to see if it's blown.

Main Control Board If the microwave doesn't heat the main control board may be defective. This is not common. When a microwave doesn't heat the problem is usually within the high voltage circuit; either the high voltage capacitor, diode, transformer or magnetron.
10_4_2012_4_35_53_pm.gif10_4_2012_4_36_18_pm.jpg

Oct 03, 2012 | Sharp R-1870 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

MAYTAG MICROWAVE OVEN ARCING FOOD ON PLATE, HEATS EXTREMLY FAST. PUT BABY FOOD (SWEET POTATOES ON A PLATE AND WITHIN 5 SECS THE FOODS BEGINGS TO ARC AND BURN


The magnetron is getting to hot and will eventually fail, especially when it is arcing, "a safety issue convern" the cause is the part mentioned above, or there is exposed metal on the inside cavity.

May 07, 2012 | Maytag 1.6 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

Sharp 1200w microwave seems to be tripping lightly (can hear clicking noises)and cause heating to be irregular


Clean the food off the inside top of the microwave Now,Or that noise you are hear will stop along with the microwave. The food gets on the Formica Squire which is how the micro waves heat your food. 1st unplug the Microwave then spray the inside of the unit with something like Fantastic or something strong and use glove so you don't burn you hand,Also if you have a scrub brush use it,And clean all the soap out and raise very well.

May 02, 2012 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

On the left side is a square with 4 screws one in each corner and a bar covering the middle.I was using the oven this am and it started to make a funny noise and smoke was coming out. There is a burn mark...


That small window is where the microwave radiation enters the oven cavity. Sometimes food on it will start to burn, then that carbon spot will continue to be a problem forever. You have to replace that piece with a new one from the manufacturer or an electronic parts supplier. It's a fairly common problem.

Mar 15, 2010 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Husband was using it last night (jenn-air jmc700)it's making a rough sound, there is a big brown kinda burn mark that extends from that small little piece on the right side that looks like it encloses...


It's arcing due to the food being attached to the mica plate. It needs to be serviced by an authorized technician. Don't use it or you can break the microwave valve.

Nov 03, 2009 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Arcing inside and there is now a small hole on the panel side. Is this fixable?


Hi,

It looks like there's lightning (arcing) inside my microwave When you see arcing inside your microwave, it's because of food or liquid left in the cavity or on the wave-guide cover:

  • If the wave guide has any burn spots, replace it and clean the unit well.

  • If the cavity has any burn spots, spot-sand it smooth and touch it up with microwave interior paint.

Note… If there are any burn holes in the cavity, don't use the unit-seek help from a qualified appliance repair technician.

Thanks for contacting Fixya

Jun 20, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

When using on small amounts of food would burn (spark & flame)


Sparks in microwaves are caused by metal things in there. What kind of plate - any metal or gold leaf decoration on it?
Try a microwave safe dish.
Make sure you do not use metal items in microwaves.
I do not know the model number of your nuker, is it a new one or old? How long have you had it, and has it always done this?

Apr 26, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave--everything works, but it will not heat anything up?


There is what called a magnatron in side that heats the food and they burn out all the time it can be replaced but some cost almost as much as it does to buy a whole new microwave.

Sep 20, 2008 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Burn at bottom of microwave


First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!

Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.

Apr 03, 2008 | Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

26 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Amana Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8858 Answers

BOB  BROWER
BOB BROWER

Level 3 Expert

267 Answers

kakima

Level 3 Expert

98694 Answers

Are you an Amana Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...