eMachines T3642 Computer takes the PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs. Supports Dual Channel DDR2. Memory Type, and comes installed with 1.0 GB = 512 MB (removable) + 512 MB (removable) of Memory. You can upgrade your eMachines eMachines T3642 Computer to up to a maximum of 2.0 GB Memory, the system has 2 sockets to install Memory, already with 1.0 GB = 512 MB (removable) + 512 MB (removable) standard Memory installed. For best Computer performance use the maximum amount of allowed Memory per slot for your Computer.
1. Place the computer power switch in the "off " position and disconnect the AC power cord.
2. Remove the computer top cover following the instructions in the model-specific owner manual.
3. Before touching any electronic components, make sure you first touch an unpainted, grounded metal object to discharge any static electricity stored on your clothing or body.
4. Locate the memory expansion sockets on the computer motherboard. If all the sockets are full, remove smaller capacity modules to allow room for higher capacity modules.
5. The ejector tabs shown in the illustration are used to remove a module. By pushing outward on the ejector tabs, the module will pop-up from the socket and it can then be removed.
6. Handle your new module carefully; do not flex or bend the module. Always grasp the module by its edges.
7. For most installations, DDR modules can be installed in any available expansion slot. Other installations may require the memory to be installed in a particular sequence based on the modules capacity. Check your owner manual to determine the correct installation sequence for your configuration.
Insert the module into an available expansion socket. Note how the module is keyed to the socket. This ensures the module can be plugged into the socket one way only. Firmly press the module into position, making certain the module is completely seated in the socket. The ejector tabs at each end of the socket will automatically snap into the locked position. Repeat this procedure for any additional modules you are installing.
8. Once the module or modules have been installed, the computer top cover can be reinstalled.
9. Plug in the AC power cord and reinstall any cables disconnected during the installation process.
10. Turn on the computer and follow the instructions in your computer owner manual that describe the steps necessary to allow your computer to recognize the newly installed memory.