My problem started with a bad file. I followed the instructions and fixed that problem with my win xp cd. Now my computer is crazy. It doesn't recognize my sound card, wifi, or anything. I can't watch a dvd, listen to a cd, get online, or play pc games. The only thing my computer will do now is play solitaire. HELP!!!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: My laptop has gone crazy!
Here is the solution try to download in the dell software download here is the link http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: My laptop has gone crazy!
YOU REINSTALLED THE OPERATING SYSTEM .. BUT FORGOT THE DRIVERS .. HOW CAN THE HARDWIRE DEVICES WORK WITHOUT PROPER DIVER SOFTWARES .. INSTALL THEM EVRYTHING WILL BE RECOGNISED AND WILL START FUNCTIONING NORMALLY TOO
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to get a Windows XP from someone and follow these instructions: Windows could not start because the following files is missing or corrupt \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM or \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE
1. Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. 2. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key 3. Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 4. Enter in the administrator password when requested 5. cd \windows\system32\config 6. Depending on which section was corrupted: ren software software.bad or ren system system.bad 7. Depending on which section was corrupted copy \windows\repair\system copy \windows\repair\software 8. Take out the CD ROM and type exit
If that doesn't work or you can't get into the repair console then With the XP disk you choose to install Windows XP and when you choose to install over the current XP installation you will be given the option to repair the current Windows installation and you won't lose all of your data.
<span>MOST EASY WAY to fix corrupted file in win xp<br /><br />This tutorial has been made so people that are having problems with corrupted files, can learn how to fix them easy.<br />Required:<br />1. Windows XP operating system<br />2. Windows XP cd<br />Now, follow this steps:<br />1. Place the xp cd in your cd/dvd drive<br />2. Go to start<br />3. run<br />4. type in 'sfc /scannow' (without the ')<br />Now it should all load, and fix all your corrupted file on win XP.</span>
Re-installation of Win XP is simple. First you need to back-up all your important files and secure your XP cd and device drivers. If you have done all, just follow these steps:
1) Insert XP CD on CD/DVD ROM and boot from it.
- to boot from CD/DVD ROM you need to press F11 during start-up. This will open the boot sequence and will let you choose which device to boot from. Just choose CD/DVD ROM from the list
2) A blue screen with white text below will appear. Just wait for the instructions to come and follow it carefully.
3) The first instruction would be "Press Enter to install Windows XP". As what it states, press ENTER.
4) The next instruction would be to partition your drive. I recommend yu make a partition if you have a large capacity storage. Just follow the instructions on how to do the partition.
5) There are several simple instructions after you make a partition and make sure you follow it. You will see copying of files, still in blue background and white text.
6) After finish copying of files, the computer will restart automatically. This time, let the computer boot by itself. Don't boot from the CD/DVD ROM. This will go inside your Windows XP operating system and will continue to install remaining things.
7) Once again, just follow instructions like entering time, date, administrator passwords and so on.
8) You'll be waiting like 39 minutes more for this.
9) When it prompts that your computer is now ready, go ahead and install your device drivers.
10) That sums up the summary for the installation.
This is cause by deletion or correption of System files (In most cases VIRUSES), Try to reinstall Operating System from authorised service centre or you can do it (Risky)
You can format and reinstall OS(xp,vista,win 7,linux) . Restart computer when booting goes on press F5 Or DEL key to goto bios setup menu change boot order to first cd drive then hdd PressF10 and press Y and enter. computer will restart Insert Xp cd. Press enter to boot from cd Follow the instructions Then your problem will solve.
It may caused by the curreption(deletion) of important system files, You can format and reinstall xp,vista,win 7,linux,mac os . Restart computer when booting goes on press F5 Or DEL key to goto bios setup menu change boot order to first cd drive then hdd PressF10 and press Y and enter. computer will restart Insert xp,vista,win 7,linux,mac os cd. Press enter to boot from cd Follow the instructions Then your problem will solve.
When a PC system or notebook displays NTLDR is missing you can still recover with out re-installing windows. Follow the instructions on the link provided; http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm
Scroll down to: Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file.
The fix is a bit different for Win 2000 &Win XP.
Go to your bios and make the cd rom the first boot disk. To get into the bios, usually del key when booting gets you in. Once you boot from the xp disk, follow the prompts until you get to the screen to hit f8, on the next screen hit R and the system will do a repair with out changing any of your settings. Be sure to go to Microsoft and run the XP updates.
The best thing to do is borrow a Win XP cd from a friend and do the following:
When you boot with the Win XP install CD-ROM, it loads a minimal operating system, similar to DOS, but compatible with Win XP. At the first screen you select install Win XP (not Recovery Console) and at the next screen it will find that you already have Win XP and offer to attempt a repair. This repair should not touch your applications, it just re installs the Windows files. This is great because when it works and you don't need to reinstall all your software. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe