HP Pavilion N5470 problem (can use the Omni X3 mainboard)
I have a laptop HP Pavilion N5470 and it won't turn on, the bat is fully
charged and the power cord is connected . The power light
is on but i cannot see anything on the screen . The fan starts up for a few seconds then stops Any help will be very much
appreciated Thank you. Highlander
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ifthe laptop battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be wornout. Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cyclesand will lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up atall.
ORThe battery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected thebattery drops off to zero capacity in a very short time.
Ifthe battery drops to an unacceptable charge level then the battery needs to bereplaced.
You probably get damaged the charging connector, or it is simple dissoldered from the mainboard, thats a very common problem. Check first if it turns on with another fully charged battery. If yes, you should resold the charging connector.
First try to reset the battery to see if it helps any by doing the following: Turn off all power saver settings on your laptop, disconnect the laptop for the ac adapter. Then use your laptop and run the battery down ignoring any low battery messages until it dies. Then let it fully charge for a night without turning it on, and see if it has saved any charge. If it still hasn't saved any charge, it seems like the only option is that its a dead battery and needs to be replaced. Best of luck!