Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
1. First, clean your printer. Get some spray-n-wipe cleaner and a
clean cloth and clean the entire inside of the printer. Also ensure
your paper isn't dirty. Now print a test page. Does the symptom
2. Remove all jammed paper. Check the paper tray first. Look closely at the paper rollers nearest where the paper exits the printer; this is a common source of jams. If you’re trying to print labels, they will often jam just before exiting the printer.
3. Try to print a test page. Does the printer still jam? If you can find no source of the jamming, check the printer's message display window and refer to your user’s manual to look up the printer error code.
1. Check the printer and/or the software to see if "manual feed" is selected. If manual feed is selected, the printer may be looking for paper in another tray.
2. Reseat paper. Ensure printer is on-line. Check for paper jams or obstructions.
3. Likely suspect: paper-out sensor is damaged or broken. Consult a computer repair shop.
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2011 | Lexmark X3470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 29, 2010 | Lexmark X5495 Printer
Dec 08, 2010 | Canon Pixma iP2700 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office...
May 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Printer
Jan 12, 2010 | Epson LQ 570+ Matrix Printer
Mar 24, 2009 | Epson DFX-9000 Dot Matrix Printer
Dec 20, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One InkJet...
For Category View:
Click Performance and Maintenance.
Click Administrative tools.
For Classic view:
Double-click Administrative Tools.
In either, locate the print spooler on the list-->right-click-->choose Restart.
Oct 25, 2007 | Canon BJC S630 InkJet Printer
300 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!