a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Gonna depend on the brand of the printer. Usually you can go to the manufacturer's website and do a search for the model name and the word "drivers" to find the correct drivers for that particular printer. Since it will print a test copy it sounds like the printer is fine and its just a question of communication with the printer. More information would be needed to help you. Is it connected Via USB or wireless? If its USB when you plug the printer in, your computer should discover it and take care of the rest, though that's not always the case. At the very least it should discover that you've connected something.
Based on some assumptions, if you're on a Windows based PC, and its connected via USB, right click "computer" or "my computer" under "Start" and click properties. In the window that opens you're looking for an option called "Device manager". If you click that, it'll list all of the hardware in use on your computer. Look for anything with a red x, exclamation point, or warning sign (looks like a yellow traffic sign). If you see any of those, its definitely a driver problem. Unfortunately, even if you don't see any of those it might still be a driver problem (gotta love Windows). So going forward we need more info. Are you on a Windows PC, Mac, or a Linux box? What brand and model is the printer? How are you connecting to the printer?
With that info we should be able to get you squared away.
take the cartridge out and look at the area that the sensor checks, and see if you see a lot of ink. it will be clear tube and you should see the ink, if it looks full, then your nozzles that go to the printhead either have air in it or the printhead is clogged up.
try doing up to 5 cleanings, and do a test print, check the nozzle test print everytime, if you do not see an improvement, then most likely the printhead will need to get replaced. thanks adi
light is blinking, and the
printer stops printing.
The print cartridge is
empty or missing.
The printer cannot
detect the print
1. Reinsert or replace the print cartridge.
2. If the print-cartridge light is still blinking but the
Attention light is not on, turn the printer off and
then back on.
3. If the problem persists, repeat the above steps
with yellow print cartridges until the error is
4. If the problem persists, replace the printcartridge
E-label reader, which is located on the
pressure assembly of the print-cartridge
1. First, clean your printer. Get some spray-n-wipe cleaner and a clean cloth and clean the entire inside of the printer. Also ensure your paper isn't dirty. Now print a test page. Does the symptom persist? 2. Remove all jammed paper. Check the paper tray first. Look closely at the paper rollers nearest where the paper exits the printer; this is a common source of jams. If you’re trying to print labels, they will often jam just before exiting the printer. 3. Try to print a test page. Does the printer still jam? If you can find no source of the jamming, check the printer's message display window and refer to your user’s manual to look up the printer error code.
Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow Supplies Status lights
These lights indicate when a print cartridge is low (the light is on), or empty or missing (the
light blinks). The lights also indicate when a non-HP print cartridge is installed (the light
blinks and the Attention light is on).
If you don't have a User Guide click on the link below and save it for future reference.
DO NOT CLEAN THE PIEZO PH WITH ANY SOLUTION EXCEPT ORINIGNAL BROTHER INK!!!! OTHERWISE YOU WILL DEFENETLY DESTROY THE PH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Place new carts into machine and make sure thy are secured.
Press menu then start bk copy then fourtimes arrow up. machine will be in maintenance mode and lights will flash. press 7 then 6 then 4 then start bk copy. machine will refresh ink within tubes and ph and do some cleaning. when done press 7 then 6 then 3 then start bk copy. machine will do a power purge. Leave maintenance afterwards by pressing 9 then 9. Do run a test print by pressing ink etc. If you still cant see any yellow and/or magenta the ph is defective and needs replacement.