Question about HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
You have left over pieces of a spyware and/or adware program. Here is how to go about removing them:
1) Goto 'Control Panel' then to 'Add/Remove Programs'
2) Locate 'My Web Search' Select 'Change/Remove' and uninstall it.
3) Also look around for other programs associated 'FunWebProducts' like:
My Web Search
Search Assistant - My Way
4) Once you have cleared the out of your program's list, proceed to your C drive.
5) Goto Program Files
6) Locate and delete the following folders;
7) Finally Goto Start>Run
8) Type 'msconfig' and press OK.
9) Once the msconfig window pops up select the Tab labeled "Startup"
10) Sift through the startup items look for anything pertaining to either FunWebProducts and/or My Web Search
11) Once found uncheck all of them(FWP/MWS items).
This should fix your start up issues. I would also advise you to Get Spybot-Search&Destroy From here. This will keep you from getting nasty programs like this again.
Hope that helps. If you have any questions lemme know.
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Sep 16, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Dec 22, 2008 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor...
Oct 18, 2008 | Intel Motherboard
Jun 30, 2008 | Intel Motherboard
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!