Question about Canon imageCLASS MF5550 All-In-One Laser Printer
We can't find a way to get out the ink toner cartridge. So we can change it. If you have a way please tell us.
Reset CANON MP 160 INKTANK
1. unplug the power cord
2. press and hold down the <ON/OFF> button and reconnect the power cord
3. press the <STOP/RESET> button 2 times and then release the <ON/OFF> button
4. Display LED show "0" press the <+> button 1 time Display LED show "1"
5. press the <Start Color > button 2 times and then press the <ON/OFF> button waitng for testing out 2 pages
6. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the left hand side. and then unplug the power to the printer
7. Push down on the end of the black cartridge. A clicking noise will be heard.
8. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
9. Push down on the end of the color cartridge. A clicking noise will be heard.
10. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
11. Once both cartridges are removed, unplug the power to the printer (without turning it off).
12. Reconnect the power cord.
13. Turn on the printer.
14. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the left hand side.
15. Place the black cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
16. Slide the black cartridge back until is cannot go back any further.
17. Push up on the end of the black cartridge, a clicking noise should
18. Place the color cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
19 Slide the color cartridge back until is cannot go back any further.
20. Push up on the end of the color cartridge, a clicking noise should
Ya! YA! NEW
Posted on Jan 17, 2008
SOURCE: change ink cartidges
Install the Print Head and Ink Tanks MP530 / MP800 / MP800R / MP830
Install the Print Head and Ink Tanks Instructions to install the print head and ink tanks.
Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.
Installing the Print Head
Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.
Note: Tear the orange tape carefully along the dotted line. If the orange tape remains, printing problems may occur.
<4> Tape is completely removed.
<5> Tape remains.
Caution: Do not touch the ink tank contact <6>. Doing so may cause printing problems. Do not squeeze the side of ink tanks as this may cause the ink to leak out. Do not reattach the protective cap once you have removed it.
Note: Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
<8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.
Note: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.
Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.
Note: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.
You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.
- On: The printer is ready to print.
- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.
- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.
- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Driver could be corrupt.
Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
To solve the printing problem..
# Hold the cartridge upside down, with the bar-code label facing you and take a damp paper towel. # Use the towel to wipe the printhead of the cartridge on the bottom (where the ink comes out). Wipe the printhead horizontally in one direction only (left to right). # Continue doing this until it looks clean. # Then dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure the ink is flowing. # Next, look inside the printer and locate the carrier that holds ink cartridges. Caution: Make sure the cartridges are not installed at this point.
1. Look for a shiny piece of metal underneath the contacts at the back of the carrier. 2. Take a damp cotton swab (use water only!) and wipe along the bottom of the shiny metal piece. Note: You may need more than one swab.
# Reinstall the cartridges, making sure you snap them correctly into the printer.
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 06, 2011 | HP LaserJet 2420 Printer
Oct 01, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 16, 2010 | Dell 3100cn Laser Printer
Mar 10, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 08, 2010 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 21, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 17, 2010 | HP Officejet 7210 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2010 | Samsung SCX-4216F All-In-One Laser Printer
Jan 21, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Jan 29, 2009 | Dell 1110 Laser Printer
1,218 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: