Question about Dell XPS 200 PC Desktop
I just purchased a Dell XPS computer in July. The problem I am experiencing is that my CD/DVD is not working. The error code that I received is as follows:
"Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the
driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 19."
Also, since my initial report of the CD/DVD failure, I have I tried using an external DVD, and when plugged in the USB port, the computer could not detect it. There is no problem with the external DVD as it works on another computer.
The computer was purchased at Best Buy in New York and I am currently out of the country. The computer is under warranty. How can this problem be corrected. The exact product is Dell XPS M1330 and the model number is PP25L.
To resolve this problem, remove the affected filter drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
Solved my problem than u so very much
Posted on Jun 18, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2011 | Dell PC Desktops
Jul 26, 2011 | Dell XPS One All-in-One TV Desktop with...
Jan 17, 2011 | Dell XPS One All-in-One TV Desktop with...
Mar 12, 2010 | Dell XPS One All-in-One TV Desktop with...
Nov 12, 2009 | Dell Dimension XPS 400 PC Desktop
Nov 09, 2009 | Dell XPS 700 PC Desktop
Sep 15, 2009 | Dell XPS One Red Desktop Computer
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: