Question about Samsung LN-S4692D 46 in. LCD HDTV
Hi, how did you locate the t-con board in your tv? I don't have a service manual. Is an easy fix? Just pop out the old and in with the new? Can you tell me where to find it?
The t-con board is very easy to replace. The only problem is you need to take a bunch of stuff off before you can get to it. How to replace it:
1. Take off the back of the TV
2. Unplug all the wires connected to the middle boards, you will need to take off the whole assembly that the 2 boards are attached to, the main power board and audio/video board.
3. The t-con board is under the shiny metal cover near the top of the TV. There are four small screws holding the cover in place. (You should be able to see the cover when you take off the back plastic cover of the TV).
4. There are 3 connectors attached to the board. The white one that comes from the audio/video board and 2 small ribbon type that connect to the front of the TV, probably the LCD panel.
5. The 1 separate connector is self explanatory. The other 2 are a little more difficult. They just slide into place. When you look at the connection, there is a brown "flap" holding the ribbon in place. You need to flip it up from the top side of the TV.
6. The old t-con board just comes out and the new one goes in.
Hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2015 | Samsung LN55C630 TV
Sep 18, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Sep 10, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jul 18, 2012 | Samsung LN40A530 40 in. LCD TV
Nov 20, 2011 | Samsung LN-T4061F 40 in. LCD HDTV
Jun 22, 2011 | Samsung LN46B530 LCD TV
Nov 30, 2010 | Samsung HLT6187SAX 61" DLP HDTV
Jun 17, 2008 | Samsung LN-S4692D 46 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 24, 2008 | Samsung LN-R328W 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jun 06, 2014 | Samsung LN-S4692D 46 in. LCD HDTV
413 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: