Question about Computers & Internet
If you get one continuous beep (Long and Non-Stop)
This could happen if:
1. The Power supply is damaged or bad.
2. The BIOS is corrupted. Try resetting the CMOS using JCMOS1 jumper on the motherboard or remove the battery from the motherboard for 20 minutes. At this point the first thing to try is a different Power Supply to see if the result is better. If the same problem happens with the new power supply, you may need to send the BIOS Chip to local dealer for reprogramming.
If you get one long High Pitched tone that does not stop until you disconnect the power supply:
1. Check if the CPU fan is connected to the JCFAN1 connector.
2. The CPU might be overheated. Change the CPU FAN or check if the CPU fan has proper contact with the CPU. Refer to your manual for CPU installation.
3. Clear CMOS battery (JCMOS1), be sure to set JCMOS1 back to 1-2 position. (See Quick start guide/ user manual for more info on how to clear the CMOS)
4. Make sure the power supply you have on your system supports the M/B specification. Example. If you have a P4 M/B, you need to use an ATX v2.03 specification power supply. (power supply that has an extra 4-pin square connector)
Posted on Sep 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2012 | Biostar M7MIA Motherboard
Aug 18, 2011 | Biostar MCP6P-M2 Motherboard - v6.0,...
Feb 21, 2010 | Biostar GF7100P-M7S Motherboard - v6.0,...
Jul 09, 2009 | Biostar M7VIT Motherboard
Jun 24, 2009 | Biostar P4VMA-M Motherboard
Jun 10, 2009 | Biostar K8M800-M7A Motherboard
Dec 02, 2007 | Biostar P4M800 Pro-M7 (P4M8PROM7)...
408 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!