Try to remove the ink cartridge. check if you we're able to completely remove the plastic packaging. after doing that, with a use of a lint free clean cloth, wipe the metal contacts on the ink cartridge. go to printer properties and go to maintenance tab. you need to register the ink as new. print a test page.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are using off brand cartridges that are remanufactured (refilled), that may be your problem. I have had several HP printers and when I used refilled cartridges, it wouldn't print. I stay with genuine HP ink cartridges. Just my opinion!
I have had this problem of receiving an error message saying that the yellow cartridge is empty on my Photosmart D6160 when it was not empty. Strangely the use of the 'Black Only' button produced a COLOUR image, including yellow!
I seem to have cured this problem by:
1) removing the printer in the control panel
2) switching off the printer and unplugging it from the computer
3) replugging the printer and switching it on.
4) watching the computer as it automatically reloaded the printer driver.
Note: The operating system I am using is WINDOWS 7. The printer was working fine with this OS before the above incident.
Also you can check the ink levels/colours by pressing continuously on the printer's power button, pressing the resume button (downward arrow) once and then releasing the power button. The printer then prints out a test/diagnostic page giving the ink status.
1) Remove all ink cartridges, not just the affected cartridge. Close the doors and the access door. 2) Unplug printer without powering it down. 3) Plug in printer while holding down the # key and the number 6 key simultaneously. DO NOT RELEASE THEM! The printer will start up and then after a few seconds shut down. 4) Press the "On" button 5) Reinsert all ink cartridges. 6) Send me thank you notes. I spent hours on chat with HP support until we got the correct fix!
HP Photosmart C7180 will not accept new '02' yellow ink cartridge and repeatedly states 'printer does not have enough ink to ensure printer health. The empty ink cartridge must be replaced to resume.' This is the 2nd HP '02'yellow I've bought and it continues to say the same.