Question about D-Link DWL-121 802.11b (790069252556) Wireless Adapter
Is there a driver to install on my acer for this usp wireless
D-Link for some reason does not provide a driver for the DWL 121. Options are buying another model or you can try this:
1) Download the DWL-122 driver from this page.
2) unzip it into a folder, say c:/tmp
3) open up c:/tmp/Drivers/WinXP/NETPRISM.INF in a text editor, such as Notepad.
4) Do a global replace of the string "VID_2001&PID_3700" with "VID_09AA&PID_3642"
5) If you're really anal, you can also replace "DWL-122" with "DWL-121," but this is entirely optional, since it only affects the name of the device as XP displays it.
6) plug in the DWL-121 and when the Hardware Update Wizard comes up, select Install from a list or specific location.
7) on the next screen, select Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.
8) on the next screen, click the Have Disk button, and enter the path to the modified INF file, e.g. c:/tmp/Drivers/WinXP and click Next
Posted on Sep 24, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2011 | D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G122 (DHDWLG122)...
Feb 23, 2011 | D-Link AirPlus DWL-G630 802.11g/b Wireless...
Sep 20, 2010 | D-Link DWL-121 802.11b (790069252556)...
Feb 10, 2010 | D-Link Air DWL 610 802.11b (DWL-610)...
Jun 23, 2009 | D-Link DWL-650+ AirPlus Enhanced 2.4GHz...
Apr 01, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G122 802.11g/b...
Nov 14, 2008 | D-Link Air DWL 520 802.11b (DWL-520)...
Jun 21, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 802.11g/b...
770 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: