I have a Docu 12 and a Fiery Exp. I can print without a problem. The only two problems that I am running into are the following:
1) Only when I print on glossy / heavier paper the prints do not come out correctly. Its as if the toner isn't being evenly distributed. Is there anyway to solve this?
2) The other problem I am having is using different paper sizes. I want to print on paper stock that is 12.5 x 9.5 however the printer doesn't recognize that size nor does it let me change to a custom paper size and there is no default setting for that size. Is there anyway to solve this?
I was told that I need Command Work Station Software that works in conjunction with the Fiery and that will go a long way to solving my problems.
Can someone also tell me exactly what Command Station Software is and where can I get that software? / Is it necessary to have that software?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are printing from an Adobe product make sure you are printing as image and let the printer manage the colors. Also, try calibrating and updating the machine through Command Workstation which can be downloaded for free from www.Efi.com. Download the updates by going to the Fiery web interface by typing the ip address of the copier in the web browser and going to the configure tab and clicking on check for updates. Make sure you install them in order and reboot the machine in-between updates. ALSO, you can import the file directly into the fiery by using command workstation avoiding any driver complications.
There are 2 cables that go between the fiery and the printer, not sure where you can get these. You will need to be running windows xp connect to the fiery with an ethernet line download the drivers, command workstation, and fiery remote scan from the xerox website hopefully the fiery still has its software loaded otherwise post a request for a copy here.
You should be able to plug a monitor into the fiery. Do that and turn off the machine and fiery. Then power up and watch the monitor and see where it hangs. If it doesn't boot up you may have to get a Xerox technician in to restore/ugrade the system software for the fiery.
You will probably have to delete and reinstall the printer. I have had features quit working on my 3200 and on my 2 105's. A work-around is to print to your mailbox and then print your job from there.
I tend to have problems from Microsoft products more than adobe.
Are you printing through a fiery or just through the print board on your copier. If you are using a fiery, then you can resend the job from the command work station (a free download if you are using the fiery).