When i plug the phone in to charge using the usb cable i get a red light at the top of the phone and nothing happens (ie phone does not charge and will not turn on) from the manual that came with the phone it says that when on charge the light should be amber and says nothing about a red light. hope someone can help.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: phone not turning on
First use the wall charger and see if the problem is not your battery in the phone. if the problem still exists, then uninstall and reinstall the driver for phone in the computer. if the problem still exists then you have a bad usb cable. please rate this thanks
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First Option: mostly nokia chargers doesn't make problems... just try the following.. connect ur mobile with a system (usb cable)... found out whether it is charging or not... if the same prblm appears then there is a prblm in ur cell phone or power jack(socket)... if it charged with usb cable buy a new charger Please change Phone Bettery and check the charging IF Charging Problem not Solved So
Second Option: Your Phone charging IC Fault So Please change charging IC And charging Problem will Solved Quickly
there should be a turn on button hold down for 1-2 seconds at the top of the phone if nothing happens the battery may be dead i have an mda vario that if it is not turned on the battery won't charge its just the way they work not a fault.
I got it working by taking the battery out and cut off the small end of a normal usb lead i.e. big usb to small. strip the wires and there should be a red and black wire, posative and negative the red posative and the black negative.
attatch the red wire to the posative metal strip on your phone and the black to the negative strip on your phone, it should say on your phone by the battery or on the battery which side is posative and negative. turn on your computer and plug the usb lead in and then insert the phone battery making sure that none of the wires touch any of the other strips on your phone let your computer load and press the on button at the top of the phone for 2 secs and wait it should turn on and charge.
wait for 10 or so minutes making sure the phone is charging, then plug your charger for your phone in and at the same time remove the usb lead and wait for the battery to charge before taking the wires out of the phone.
common problem is that the USB plug you using is not the right one, as I have a phone that acts the same way certian plugs charge it but one of my plugs the Windows OS sees it as a new divice added to my computer and promps me to nquestion wheather I want to open the device or other options, common mistake is that not all Nextel/Verizion/alltel smart phones use the same USB to mini pin configiration same with digital camera the mini plug may work on a camera but not you smart phone
the USB cable plugged in to a powered PC? Could be cable or battery
issue. Red light means that the battery is very low on juice. Return it
to where you got it from if you can't solve it on your own. you want a repair service
This has happened to me twice - the first instance occurred when I'd only had the phone a few days and the second occurred today after months of trouble-free use.
On both occasions the phone wouldn't charge via the mains charger - it wouldn't switch on even when plugged in and neither the battery or the charger were warm to the touch after hours of charging, indicating that nothing was happening.
The solution for me was to connect the phone to my PC via the USB cable - nothing happened at first, the PC didn't recognise the phone and it remained lifeless. However, I left it attached to my PC and after 10-15 minutes it suddenly whirred into life.
The battery was COMPLETELY flat despite my attempts at mains charging, so I let it charge via USB for a while then transferred it to the mains charger. This time the mains charger worked.
I've no idea why, but this has worked for me twice so give it a try.
Most new phones allow charging with the USB cable. With some phones, you also have the option to select whether you want to allow USB charging. If you're trying to charge with USB, make sure that your phone supports USB charging and that the option is switched on.All the best!
i cant charge my phone using a charger when i put the head phones in the same port, my phone does not pick up the signal BUT when i connect my phone to the pc using a usb cable, it charges fine and i can transfer data
Hey guys had the same, Try this solution before buying a new battery/charging cable (it might not be the problem):
I did these steps after playing around with it for awhile and am at the stage where my phone turns on fully and says "Battery Charging" when plugged into the charger. It is now charging normally again... Finally! (I had the flashing moto logo too when charger plugged in) I believe this problem occurs because the battery is completely drained and is unable to turn on to charge bcuz the phone needs to be on to be charged, happened to me because i left it in a jacket pocket and forgot about it for weeks. Anyways...
1. You need a USB data cable for it, it should have come with the phone, if not than any USB data cable that fits the phone's charging slot should work (charge cable for the ps3 controller will work or maybe a cable from a digital camera with the same end)
2. Connect the phone to your computer via the USB cable and a USB port that works. Make sure it's plugged in and leave it (even if nothing happens and the screen on the phone is still blank). Although the screen is black, the phone is still charging via your computer (it's just too low on battery to produce the light on the display screen to load up your phone).
3. This might take anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes so be patient and leave it plugged in, beats buying a battery of charger with your money for something that can be solved for free.
4. At some point your computer will make the usual processing noises signalling that it is finally recognizing the phone as a usb device and shortly after your ming's screen will turn on stating that the battery is charging. Success! One of two things will happen, if you have previously installed the ming's drivers to your pc it will just recognize the phone. If you are like me and do not have the drivers installed, you may choose to do so via the cd that came with the phone or just not do it at all.
5. If you want to just charge it via the computer then congrats, your job is done, just leave it plugged in and wait until it is fully charged. If you wish to switch to your regular outlet charger please proceed to step 6.
6. At this point drivers installed or not, either safely remove device from the computer or just unplugg it. Now return your phone to your usual outlet charger making sure its connected. When plugged in you'll notice the moto logo appear (no longer flashing). After about 5 seconds that logo will disappear. At this time flip open the phone. The usual turn on sequence will play out and it will now load up with the battery charging screen similar to the screen from when it was plugged into the computer. Congratulations your phone should be back to normal now.
NOTE: This charge will take longer than your normal charging time but that's just for this time since your battery is super low it will be back to normal after that. Also if this did not work for your phone then now is the time to see if the charger/phone/battery is the problem.
So I hope this helps you out and eases your state of panic. I hope I saved you guys some money with this solution and that your mings are up and running again. I know i was pretty content when the problem was fixed. Please reply with any comments, questions or concerns you may have. Enjoy your once again working mings.