An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: canon i860 error codes
Try this: With your i860 printer turned ON, press and hold the I/O switch then pull off the power cord. This will turn off your printer. But without lifting your finger on the I/O switch put back your power cord. the I/O switch will blink for a second and will go off, then turn-on your printer again and see if it works.
Five flashes: Print head not installed / Print head not installed correctly / Defective print head
Install the print head. If the print head is already installed, remove
the print head and check the electrical contacts for foreign matter,
After reinstalling the print head, you may need to realign it.
If this error still remains, the print head may be damaged. Contact a Canon service representative.
I'm also having the same issues, this is what i got off the CD that came with the printer, hope this helps.
I had this same problem. I tried to carefully and gently clean the print head with Q-tips and alcohol. The trouble persisted. I didn't want to pay 50 to 70 bucks for a new print head since a new printer doesn't cost much more that that anyway.
Metaphorically, I kicked the thing: I ran some hot water in the sink and scrubbed it with an old toothbrush since I figured it was a goner anyway. I stuck it back in and it works like a charm. When all else fails, bang on it!
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I too went through all the cleaning processes on my i860 with its amber light blinking five times to one of green. After all that time and effort, I ordered a new head, replaced it, put the old ink carts back in, and presto, worked like a charm. Don't waste time and money doing anything else.
Most of the time when a printer used for a certain period the ink would dry out and caused an error message. What you do is to replace with a new inks pad inside the printer and reset that error message. Once it is done, your printer will work again!
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal. Please remember to rate all Techs who assist you for free :)
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal.
1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER 2. release RESUME (while still holding down the POWER) 3. press RESUME twice, then release POWER 4.
The green light will blink and the printer will make some noise. Wait
until this is finished, you are now in the printer's diagnostic mode.
To select one of the functions below, use the RESUME button and then press POWER to execute:
# of RESUME Presses - Light Color - Function
0 - green - Power Off 1 - orange - Service Test Print: Extended nozzle check pattern 2 - green - EEPROM information print 3 - orange - EEPROM initialize 4 - green - reset waste ink counter (For the Canon waste tank full error)
Try the below procedures maybe the error of your printer is the waste ink counter.
Canon i550, i560, i850, i950, i960 (May work with i860, i865) 1. Start with the printer OFF 2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER 3. release RESUME 4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER 5. Let green light blink until printer is done moving print head. 6. Select functions below with RESUME press POWER to execute:
Number of presses - light color - function 0 presses - green - Test print (or exit service mode on i960) 1 press - orange - EEPROM info print (plus grid nozzle diagnostic on i960) 2 presses - green - EEPROM initialize 3 presses - orange - Reset waste ink counter