An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Close Facebook Account
Sign in, and in the top right find "settings, then account settings". In the new page, click deactivate account. I don't believe you can ever delete the account, but you can deactivate it and stop ppl from going to it. Alternatively, Just remove all your friends, and change your name. Or set your profile pic as a pron pic, and they're happily remove your account for you!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sign into your account. Go to settings click on General. Then go down to bottom and click on deactivate account. After you verify and confirm that you want to close it, Facebook will after a grace period Facebook will close the account.I hope this helps you.
You can even delete the whole account, but don't access it within 14 days, because if you do so, they keep the account "alive".
First try to delete as much as you can from the old account, so nothing can pop up after years.
see the link how to: How do permanently delete my account
The problem that you are having is possibly caused by your Internet
browser and not with your Facebook or Gmail account. You need to clear
the cookies and internet files to resolve the problem. Here's how:
Clear Cookies and Internet Files
* For Internet Explorer version 6
1. Open IE6 > Tools > Internet Options.
2. Click the Delete Cookies button and Delete History.
3. Click on OK > Close and re-open your IE6.
4. Try accessing your e-mail account.
* For Internet Explorer version 7
1. Open IE7 > Tools > Internet Options.
2. Click the "Delete" button under the Browsing History option.
3. Delete the Cookies, Internet Files
4. Click on OK > Close and re-open IE7
5. Try accessing your e-mail account.
* For Mozilla FireFox
1. Open Firefox > Tools
2. Select "Clear Recent History"
3. Select Cookies, Cache, Browsing and Download History.
4. Close and re-open Firefox
5. Access your e-mail