- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Exit Yahoo! Messenger by right-clicking the tray icon and selecting "Exit."
2. On your keyboard, press "Windows Logo+R" to open the "Run" command.
3. Type in "cmd" and click "OK." This opens a Command Prompt window.
4. Copy and paste each of the following commands into the command prompt. Press the "Enter" key after pasting each command.
rd "%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\Cache\" /s /q
rd "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Yahoo\" /s /q
rd "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Yahoo!\" /s /q
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Yahoo /f
reg delete HKCU\Software\Yahoo /f
del "%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\*--*" /f /s /q
del "%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\*.tmp" /f /s /q
del "%temp%\*.*" /f /s /q
Delete your Avatars and Icons files. Here's how:
1. On your keyboard, press "Windows Logo+R" to open the "Run" command.
2. Type in %ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\Cache\Avatars\
3. Delete all files inside each folder.
Restart your Yahoo! Messenger and you should be all set.
Go here http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/ click on Download Now, install it online....After completing the installation successfully you will see the Desktop Shortcut Icon, Quick Launch Icon etc. in its place...Good Luck