Question about Hotpoint Dryers
Cant remove side panels to renew belt
turn the macine aroun you wiil see3screws on the top holding the lid on remove these and take the top off there are 3or4screwes on the top in front of machine remove these lay the macine back at45degres and on the bottom of machine you will find 4more screws remove these and the front will come off place new belt over the drum and with a small crow bar linked through the belt and under the drive apply a lot of down presure to get it on to drive this is realy hard and you mey think the belt is to small it is not make sure u align drum in to front door or machine this is very simple then re assemble and away you go approx time45to hours work
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
SOURCE: Replacing the Drive Belt
I am not an expert but I do have a Hotpoint 9334 Tumble Dryer which I guess is similar to the 9314.
To replace belt or heater element you must remove the front panel complete with door.
Screws are different sizes in different places so note where they belong as you remove them.
1. Remove 2 screws at rear top which go through the brackets holding the top panel, slide back the top panel a little and lift it off.
2. Pull off the rotary timer knob and remove 2 screws beneath.
3. This is the tricky bit! Remove the the plastic panel which covers the switches etc.. This panel has 5 plastic fingers which secure it to the metal plate behind, locate the ends of the fingers where they pass through the metal plate. Using a metal rod or punch and a hammer, tap the ends of the fingers to push them back through the holes easing each in turn a little at a time to avoid distorting the plastic unduly. (This is a bit scary as you have to hit them quite hard and the fingers look fragile)
4. Open the door and remove the 4 screws then remove 3 screws at the top and 3 screws at the bottom of the front panel. Lift and ease forward the front panel, unhook the door catch release wire, pull off the electrical connectors and put the front panel aside.
5. Lay the machine on its back and remove 1 screw holding the element housing to the top plate and pull off the electrical connectors.
6. Fit the belt around the drum, through the idler pulleys and over the motor spindle.
7. Put it all back together.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
SOURCE: TUMBLE DRYER DOES NOT GET HOT
Hi, - The first thing to do is UNPLUG THE DRYER! Then remove the heater cover situated on the back panel. It is the curvey shaped panel.
Remove all the screws and the panel may be slightly stuck - just prise it off.
Next - there are 2 small screws holding the heater and thermostats assy onto the back panel. - Remove these to free the assy from the back panel. Be careful not to touch the elements as they break easily.
The problem is probably the Thermostats.
The one on the left is the Overheat Thermostat - You will notice a small hole in the centre of the thermostat. Take a Pin and push it firmly into the hole and you may hear the Stat "click". That has re-set the stat.
Re-assemble the Dryer being careful with the elements.
Now - Why has it tripped? If it has overheated it is because of one or all of the following.
1. The Condenser unit is getting blocked - Remove and clean under running water like a hosepipe or tap.
2. The door filter is not being cleaned
3. Sometimes opening the door to check if the clothes are dry and then not allowing the dryer to cool down can cause the problem. Always allow it to go through the cool down process.
Hope this helps. The Heater and the Thermostats are available as Spares - Terry
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
You will have to unplug the dryer and remove the front panel with the door, mark and remove the wires to the door switch, then there should be two screws on the inside which you will need to remove then tilt the panel out and lift to disengage the tabs connecting it to the main cabinet. Then you should be able to remove the old belt, carefully lift the drum and slide the new belt under it. Then this is where you will need to be a contortionist and take care as there are many sharp edges under there. Locate the motor and tensioner pulley, place the belt around the tensioner and while pushing back against the spring on the tensioner hook the belt to the motor pulley, then move belt on drum so it is aligned with lower pulleys. Turn the drum by hand a couple of times to make sure everything works.
Posted on Apr 04, 2009
Be sure to unplug the machine from the mains,
1.-Remove the top cover of the machine, very straight forward.
2.-Unclip the universal coupling from the main timer to the back of the knob.
3.- The whole knob assembly is held in place by a backing plate.
4.- There are 2 clips at the top of this backing plate raise them and the backing plate and knob can be pulled out.
5.- there is a plastic clips but be careful not to break it.
Your ffeed back and ratting are so important for me. thank you
Was this helpful?
The knob breaks when it has been turned in the wrong direction several times. It's a safety device so as not to damage the main timer.
Posted on May 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
Aug 06, 2013 | Dryers
Jan 17, 2013 | Hotpoint Belt Drum Drive for VTD00, VTD20,...
May 10, 2012 | Dryers
Sep 21, 2010 | Dryers
Mar 23, 2010 | Hotpoint Dryers
Jan 19, 2010 | Hotpoint Dryers
Nov 27, 2009 | Hotpoint TDC32 Electric Dryer
Apr 06, 2008 | Dryers
Sep 05, 2007 | Hotpoint TS13 Electric Portable Dryer
129 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: