Games Do Not Work
Unable to Play Games.
For most game errors there are a couple of steps available that
will alleviate the trouble. If you are having trouble you should:
- Clear Your Browsers Cache On AOL
- Clear Your Browsers Cache on Internet Explorer
- Clear Your Java Cache
- Browser/Service Error when playing Pogo Games
- After you've done the above Once
you've performed all the steps detailed above. Close all your browsers.
Once all your browsers have been closed, restart them and go back to
the game you were trying to play.
- More Technical Assistance
Seeing A Red X
Seeing A Red X
Some members will see a Red X where a game should be running. This
happens when a small piece of software provided by the game publisher
is not installed. These little programs are called Active X controls.
When you see a Red X you need to do the following to get the game
1) Close down your browsers (and the AOL client)
2) Open Windows Explorer and go to C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files
3) Find all non-Java labeled files
4) Right-click it and select "Remove" for each
5) Open up Internet Explorer or AOL and try to run the game again.
1) Make SURE you have the latest version of Java by clicking here.
and installing Java (the games need Java to run properly)
2) You will see more of the screen if you use Internet Explorer or Firefox instead of the AOL browser.
Just sign onto AOL, minimize the AOL running but leave it running in the background and then open Internet Explorer and go to Slingo
3) If you cannot see the entire game screen, adjust your screen size (the resolution) to 1024x768.
Then you should see the game AND the chat.
4)You can play in any state and any room by clicking on the regional tabs inside the game lobby.
5) You can play in ANY of the game rooms regardless of what state you are from by clicking on the “Play” button in the lobby.
Some of our games open as a pop up. If you click on one of our games at it is blocked it may be due to a pop-up blocker.
You can make sure that AOL games are never blocked by adding AOL.com and Games.com to your pop-up blockers safe list:
- Pop-Up Blockers, AOL Games and Games.com
Need More Help?
If after browsing our help area you still have questions or would like
to send a comment, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Your
feedback is very important. You can contact us on our monitored
Community Forum or by sending email using the Submit Your Feedback