Question about Washing Machines
If it is a top loading washer the cabinet itself is actually removed from the back panel and base frame.
1. Remove two trim caps on either side of the control panel, they are just plastic, and clip in place, either remove by hand, or if they don't come right away you can pop them off with a flat blade screwdriver.
2. Remove two screws (now visible with trim removal) that secure the panel to the cabinet.
3. Panel should now be able to pull up and out, flip it back on it's hinges.
4. Disconnect the wire harness from the lid switch connector, this should be the only place (on most models) where wires connect from the control panel to the cabinet top.
5. Remove the two gold clips that secure the cabinet to the rear panel of washer, they snap into the cabinet, and should pop out easily with a flat screwdriver, this can be difficult to figure out which way to go with the screwdriver, the best I can describe it would be to slide the blade of the screwdriver into the front of the clip (about 2 inches below the cabinet top) and then press the screwdriver back over the top of the clip for leverage. It should pop right out.
6. With the clips removed, you should now be able to simply tip the cabinet towards yourself and pull it right off of the frame. The washers "guts" should all be accessible now.
Hope that helps.
Posted on Sep 15, 2008
How do you get the panel back onto the back of the machine with the two gold clips? We can't seem to get the clips in place.
Posted on Nov 25, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 26, 2014 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 02, 2013 | Washing Machines
Apr 15, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 07, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Aug 28, 2008 | Whirlpool LSR7333 Top Load Washer
Feb 27, 2008 | Creda W100FW Front Load Washer
Jan 24, 2018 | Bosch Washing Machines
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!