Question about Zoom (56600000) Router
Router set up on laptop, it is showing that it is conneted to the router (bottom right hand corner of screen) but it will not connect to the internet. Please help, no good on the technical side of things & don't understand computer jargon. Thanks Cathy
1. connect your router to your laptop/pc with ethernet cable
2. it should automatically connect you to the internet under vista
3. now open a web browser (IE, fireforx or opera) and type in the address bar 10.0.0.200 (it will bring up the firmware software of your router)
4. in the first interface click setup wizard from the left
5. click next, select router/AP
6. click next, set your time
7. click next, select DHCP client as WAN access type
8. click next, do not change this and keep the default (default is Bandp 2.4ghz(B+G), WO: AP, Network type: Insfrustructure, SSID: Zoom, channel: 11)
9. click next, select WAP2(AES) as encryption, passphrase as pre-shared key, type a passphrase/password (write down these important information, u will need it later), click finished
10. open network and sharing centre (in vista), from the left select connect to a network (make sure your wifi switch is on)
11. you should see zoom, right click on it and select properties from the menu
12. go to security tab of this menu and select WPA2-personal as security type, and AES as encryption type (some XP do not support AES, in that case you will have to select TKIP, thn again you need to go back to step 9 and change the encryption type)
13. type you password exactly you typed in step 9 (CASE SENSITIVE), click ok
remove the ethernet cable, it should connect to internet wirelessly, if not try turning off the power of both the modem and router for 30-50 seconds. this will make them adapt to new setting.
Posted on Dec 22, 2008
Cathy I have the same make and model maybe I can help. I speak both Tech and Non Tech so stop me if I lose you.
1. Did you go through the set up process of first connecting to your wireless router through the cable provide via your PC/Laptop?
2. Congfiguring your wirless via your browser http://10.0.0.200 ?
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2010 | D-Link DI-524 4 Port Wireless-G Router -...
May 18, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Mar 09, 2010 | Zoom ADSL X5 Router (5554-72-00)
Jan 16, 2010 | Zoom (5590-00-03) Wireless Router (G66115)
Jan 12, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Jan 11, 2010 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Jan 07, 2010 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Jan 05, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Dec 21, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Dec 15, 2009 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
2,387 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: