Question about Computers & Internet
My son has the above mentioned laptop and the screen is blank.....what can I do?
Thanks for the posting in FIXYA.
Could you please reboot Laptop in Safe mode.
Tapping F8 Key during Bootup. Select the option safe mode with networking.
Do the Error checking for each Hard Disk partition. Hope it fix the problem.
And if the problem is recent and date is known, its better to make a system restore.
1. Log on to Windows as Administrator.
2. Click Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> click on System Restore. System Restore starts.
3. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
4. On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system checkpoint in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.
5. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer (normal mode now).
6. Log on to the computer as Administrator. The System Restore Restoration Complete page appears.
7. Click OK.
Best of Luck & Regards
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
May 06, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
May 25, 2017 | Best Computers & Internet
445 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!