Question about Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection Television
I have blue and yellow lines and all the people have blue out line around their heads. The picture has a blue bow at the top and up from the bottom. It worked fine last night. Please help.
I posted this before, I matches what you are requesting , so here goes:
It sounds like you convergence amplifiers have malfunctioned. If possible can you post a picture of what is happening. Again by the description you gave it sounds like the convergence amplifiers.
If you go to a shop the cost will about $400 - $500 (includes parts and labor).
If you do it yourself the cost will be about $25.00 - $50.00 (includes parts labor is free)
If you choose to do this yourself, here are the basic instructions:
1. Unplug the TV set
2. Take the rear bottom panel off
3. look for a large heat sink with two large black ICs (STK392-110) (6 sided components but rectangular in shape) on it, and remove the board the ICs are on from the TV set.
4. Unsolder the components using a soldering iron and a suction solder remover.
5. disconnect the components (ICs) from the heat sink
6. Unsolder all of the bias resistors and replace them with the proper values (usually 220, 150, 3.3, 2.2, and 3.9 ohms)
7. install the new ICs (STK392-110)
8. solder all connections IC and bias resistors
9. Inspect for shorts
10. reinstall circuit board
11. Plug the TV set in and turn it on.
I hope this helps
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2012 | JVC AV-48WP30 48" Rear Projection...
Feb 06, 2010 | Televison & Video
Aug 23, 2009 | Televison & Video
Feb 16, 2009 | Pioneer SD-532HD5 53" Rear Projection...
Dec 26, 2007 | Mitsubishi VS-50611 50" Rear Projection...
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!