When I set ?timer recording? for a program, occasionally I get an error message. The error message will be ?system error is detected? and underneath that there will be the following line:
Be file:\sh_vrrm_taks.c line:520
Sensecode (4:9:0); detail:0x0
The dvd will not have turned off with above mentioned error message. Some times it will have finished recording the program and sometimes not. I will not be able to use the dvd player at that point, the only way that I can clear the error message and access the menu is by unplugging it and plugging it back in.
Is this dvd problem? (Memorex dvd-rw rewritable 2x, 4.6 gb, 120 min)
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To set record DATE,
press to select:
1~31= one time, or
DAILY= MON~ FRI, or
WEEKLY= same time
each week and
To set remaining items,
to select and
to set START/ STOP times,
CH (channel) or LINE
input (p. 35), and tape
speed (SP, LP, SLP).
to end programming.
To Enter More Programs,
to select and
to set an unused program
number, and then repeat
The “Timer” Indicator lights up on DECK.
• You can do Timer Recording with the power on or off.
• “TIMER REC WILL START SOON” appears on-screen for 2 minutes
before Timer Recording starts. If DECK is in DVD mode, no message
appears, but the VCR REC Indicator, the VCR mode indicator and
“REC” will flash on Multi function Display.
When setting the record timer make sure that PDC / VPS is switched OFF.
PDC - Programme Delivery Control / VPS - Video Programming System is designed to allow for late starting or running programmes. Not all channels support PDC/VPS, so the recorder may be waiting for a PDC/VPS signal which isn't there.
Several things to check
1) Your time - set it manually and remove the automatic time set
2) Try manually recording even a few min of anything (just put on channel to record, press DVD button and DVD Record button) - does it give you an error message on that disk? If so it might be because you are using 16x and machine sometimes gets messed up and won't record on those speed disks - same with +R sometimes does this - try recording on 8x -R ones.
Hopefully this helps - if not try unplugging unit from wallsocket and leave off about 30min then try setting program again etc (plus current local time) and use a new disk and see if problem still occurs - sometimes just unplugging it "resets" everything and then starts working again.