- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Lamp lifetime is not 100% predictable. A lamp may fail without notice, although this is not usually the case. The picture is more likely to become noticeably dimmer as the lamp nears the end of its lifetime.
While there is nothing wrong with using a lamp until it fails, some customers may want to purchase a new lamp and replace the existing one when they notice that it is aging.
If the lamp fails in a Mitsubishi MicroDisplay TV, there will be no picture on the screen and a red front panel LED indicator will illuminate.
the number of flashes of the red indicator lamp points to the possible cause of the delay of the raster or picture, but usually it's an indicator of an emission unbalance between crt(picture tube) guns. the picture will take longer to show up as the emission on either of the picture tubes goes down.
All symptoms in your TV shows that you need to replace its Lamp as it has been consumed its life hours and TV requires new lamp. Lamp can be obtained from Sony Website. Price is $200, Hope this info will help you to enjoy your Sony TV in coming days.
Your service manual on page 82 steps you through decoding the blinking
1) there are two lights on the front near the reciever of the remote signals (Temp indicator and Lamp Indicator)
2) If the Temp indicator is on then they recommend you contact a service center
3) If the Lamp indicator is on and the power light stays on (no blinking) then you need to replace the lamp. Otherwise it says to contact the service center.
4) Counting blinks with the lamp indicator (1 every 5sec - lamp will not light or is abnormal, 2 every 5sec - lamp voltage is abnormal, 3 every 5sec - lamp temp is too high, 4 every 5sec - other error)
Having similar issue with my PT-44LCX65. Lamp blew and replaced it (last month), never figured out how to reset timer. Now red indicator light blinks once every 5 seconds and after about 4 minutes TV goes black.... Any ideas?
You could have gotten an electrical surge that put your set into a shutdown condition and unplugging the set and letting the Microprocessor reset will fix this problem if it dosent blow out the main power regulator as you still or might I say have a regulator IC problem. IF THIS PROBLEM HAPPENS AGAIN MORE THEN A FEW TIMES WITHIN A SMALL TIME FRAME I WOULD HAVE THE SET LOOKED AT BEFORE THE REGULAOR BLOWS SOMETHING OUT!!!!