a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are a few things that can cause you to lose wireless connection with your wireless router.
1. Weak signal strength, check the signal strength on your wireless card. If it is weak move the Belkin wireless router away from walls and if possible move the wireless router higher up.
2. Have you secured your wireless router from people near your from unauthorized access? Ie. changes the default password, setup encryption use WAP2 or WAP, change the default SSID, turn off SSID broadcast, and for added protection, enable MAC address filtering which allows the MAC address/es of your wireless card/s to connect to your wireless router.
3. You could be getting interference from electrical sources such as air conditioners, ard welders, washing machines etc. If so the power supply to the wireless routers and computers etc should be connected to a surge protection power board, better still connect your computer equipment to an UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) .
4. Check the channels of the wireless routers and access points in your area and and change the broadcast channel on your wireless router to an unused channel or one that has the weakest signal strength. This will minimize the interference with your wireless router from the wireless routers and access points in your area.
your wireless router is encrypted. To remove encryption, go in your computers web browser:
That will take you to your LAN Administrator.
Follow the simple wireless setup for an unsecured connection or setup your blue ray connection and create your own passphrase or WEPKey.
Hope that helped!
You can easily download your software from belkin by going to the support and downloads page. match the model number located on your unit with the list they provide and download the software. If you have a slow connection and would rather set it up, they have instructions for the different types of setups you can do MANUALLY.!
If you're encountering a very internet connection on your router, this is can be a problem with either the internet connection from your modem or the firmware of the router should be updated, first thing that you can try is to update the firmware of the firmware of the router, you can download the latest firmware of it from Belkin web site then after that observe the connection if you still have a slow internet using the router , Try to check now the internet from your modem by connecting a computer directly to your modem and if you still have the same problem internet connection from your ISP is the problem so you can contact them about that..........
You should be aware of a class action lawsuit that Belkin and the complaintent settled recently. The lawsuit was filed complaining that certain Belkin routers did not obtain optimal speeds as advertised.
Belkin has agreed to provide affected customers a discount program to purchase a new router. You will need to search elsewheres for the details.
As you have changed the router still the connection speed is slow, in this case it's better to contact your ISP get the line tested or a proper signal strength.
Also conduct a speedtest by going to the website internetfrog.com....indications are towards a line fault.