well it just wont turn on anymore, it says on the display 'system error'and thats it, and it wont turn off i have to swith the battery on/off switch.
i only have it for 3 months, i dont know what to do ...
thanks for ur help, Iva
If you reformated the mp3 player's hard drive, the problem probably is that it can't find it's firmware which is supposed to be located on it's hard drive. To fix this, simply copy the GBSYSTEM folder located (usually) in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\gigabeat room 2.0.2 to your mp3 player's root.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error usually happens when the firmware has been corrupted or deleted. The easiest way to correct this is by updating the firmware. You may also try to restore the firmware data by following the steps below.
1. Connect the gigabeat to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Start Explorer on the PC.
3. Open the folder in which the gigabeat room is installed. --> The folder in which the gigabeat room is installed can be opened by clicking [Start] [All Programs] [TOSHIBA gigabeat room 2.0] [gigabeat room 2.0 Program Folder]. Usually, the folder will be found in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\gigabeat room 2.0.
4. If you can't find the folder, please go inside the gigabeat then click on [tools], [folder option], go to [view tab] then select [show hidden files and folders].
5. Now, inside the gigabeat root, copy a folder named "GBSYSTEM" located in the folder that was opened in Step 3.
6. Use "Safely Remove Hardware" and disconnect the gigabeat.
A system error indicates a possible software or firmware problem. If the unit is in warranty, contact Toshiba about a software upgrade (possible). If it is out of warranty, the cost of repair is likely more than a new unit.
A system error can be caused by moisture (#1), physical damage (#2) and a possible software update issue. Your Toshiba Gigabeat Room software for your computer may be able to get upgrades for your MEG-F10K. Check the owner's manual. If you cannot connect to the unit with the computer to transfer songs and movies, it is likely not repairable for a reasonable cost.
Comment by MAHMOOD, posted on Oct 22, 2007
my younger brother plugged my megf20 gigabeat to pc and he formatted that using windows xp format disk utility now when i am turning on the gigabeat i just see an error and that is
no system found on hdd
error number is 00100060
if you can help me please
I have Owners Manual
I can email you
Also can you explain me how to open Gigabeat to remove battery and HD
Please email me at
I will attached manual once you provide me your email
Error message 0000020 - System Error displayed whenevr devide powered up. Only way to shut down is by turning battery off.
Gigabeat Software on PC not able to detect device, not listed in Device Manager or as an external drive in My Computer. (As it normally is)
Is there a way to reinstall firmware from PC when device not detected?