I cannot turn the subtitles off in my TV, the problem is that I do not have it's original remote control, so I am using a universal type one.
So how can I use that remote to turn subtitles off, or what other optins I have, when I go to MENU, there are not options for subtitles.
every one of the subtitles is coming on, i have a philips magnavox remote my wife hit meun buttons tv will not turn off . when i unplug it it turns off, but when i plug it in then it goes back to the cc's
Hmm... have you tried ontop of the remote where it has "tv" vcr" sat" etc...hit tv first then try the menu?and do you have satelite by any chance? because something similar happened to me when i had my old tv put upstairs and hooked up, the remote for it did not work so i had a universal and the tv was on "video 1" input the whole time and the universal remote didn not convert it back to tv so what i had to do was hook up the reciever to the "video 1" port instead of the "tv" input in the back...i hope you get it cause i know it can be a pain in the A$$
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I personally have had the same problem with Universal remotes. The best solution is to buy the correct remote. I would first call the manufacturer to see what they would charge you for a new one. Then ask if they sell refurbished ones. Also check online for an OEM remote. You could probably get one for less than the universal remote.
Controlling subtitles with the Logitec Harmony Remote Control is exactly the same as controlling any other action. You just need to set up the Harmony to send the correct command/s, as follows..
- First it depends what 'Device' (AV component) puts the subtitles onto the screen, so you need to check the instructions for that device. e.g. if that device is a TV, then check the TV's original instructions to find out what menu item is involved, or what button sets the English subtitles.
- Next, if the example above applies, look through the Harmony 600's Device page for the TV and see if you can identify the corresponding control buttons. If they are not present already, then teach the commands to the 600's 'Device' buttons for the TV, using the TV's original remote.
- Finally look in the Activities 'Customize Buttons' page to make sure that some buttons are configured to send the commands you need. If they aren't, or if they are not available, then program those instructions into the 'additional commands' for the relevant Activity/Activities.
If several button presses are needed then you could possibly even 'Add a Sequence', in the relevant 'Activity/s' page/s to do the job, and call it something like 'EsubSeq'
I have direct tv, and had the same problem. After an hour on the phone with the worthless tech, I gave up. Finally I figured it out. First of all do you have closed caption problems or is it "subtitles". mine turned out to be direct tv subtitles, not closed caption. I hit the yellow button on the direct tv remote, and presto. Subtitles was set to the on position. changed it to off, and what do you know. fixed.
press mute/182/power button on the remote control that came with the Tv that should put you in the service mode then scroll over to reset and push enter, after tv shuts down then turn back on, if this does not reset it then disconnect from cable box and reset cable box.
I want to thank whomever suggested the following...it works. I had been trying for days. Here is the solution:
Turn off the cable box and hit the menu button on the universal remote. The screen with the closed caption selection appears. Scroll down to the line regarding subtitles and turn it off.