My Zanussi fridge/freezer is making a funny little noise
Hello I have a ZX99/5- i fridge/freezer, it is about three years old. in the last couple of weeks it intermittently makes a little pipping noise, and all three lights flash. It only does this every now and then. What do you think is bothering it? Kind regards, Judie
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: My Zanussi fridge/freezer is making a funny little...
What you may be noticing is the system going through a defrost cycle. Check the time of the day that you notice this event. If it happens at the same times it could be a normal situation if at all other times normal temperatures are being maintained. A popping sound can be caused by thermal expansion during the defrost.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes, I think you have a problem that can be fixed easily by a repair technician. The sound as you described it could have come from the air circulation fan in the freezer compartment striking ice. As the ice builds up it could have stopped the fan from rotating and air flow to the refrigerator compartment.
Please check the fallowing: -Loose flooring or floor not firm.
- Cabinet not level.
- Tubing in contact with cabinet, other tubing or other metal.
- Drip tray vibrating.
- Fan hitting another part or worn fan motor bearings. Unplug the unit and
rotate fan manually by your finger.
- Compressor mounting grommets worn or missing; mounting hardware loose
- Free or loose parts causing or allowing noise during operation
- Check compressor it may contact with tubing or other parts.
- Check the body of your unit is not touching the wall or other object