When I power on the pc, I hear 3 beeps and pc doesn't reboot. The only thing that appears on scree is that monitor works
I have an IBM think pad. It worked fine yesterday, but today when I tried to start it, it acted like it was going to power up and then I got 3 beeps, black screen, and nothing. Any ideas?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: PC will not reboot.
Either something has wiped out your operating system and you need to reformat the hard drive and reinstall it, or your hard drive went Since it worked fine the day before and just did this right away, my guess it that your hard drive went bad. But you can try both options though. Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Immediately run PSA. (Make sure laptop is connected to AC Adapter. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the Fn key then press power button once).
2. Just wait for about 3 to 5 minutes then you might will hear beeping sounds (no display with beeping sounds) this means that laptop is working fine but no display. This might cause by either the video card or LCD.
3. After hearing beeps turn off laptop. (Press and hold on the power button for about 3 seconds)
4. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the D key then press power button once. If full screen colors appears this means LCD is working fine and the problem is the video card. If no display from the LCD no colors were displayed try the test again just to make sure. If still the same no full screen colors then the problem is the LCD.
Here are Few steps which can use to trouble shoot your laptop no display problem. 1. Connect a VGA cable for external monitor and check if you can see any display on External Monitor. 2.Take out your RAM and Clean it with Pencil Eraser and Put it back. If Possible try with different RAM, 3. Remove your Hard Drive and Try switching on Laptop without the Hard Drive. 4. Make sure that you are using proper Adapter with proper Voltage.
2 Short Beeps Your computer has memory problems. First check video. If video is working, you'll see an error message. If not, you have a parity error in your first 64K of memory. First check your SIMM's. Reseat them and reboot. If this doesn't do it, the memory chips may be bad. You can try switching the first and second banks memory chips. First banks are the memory banks that your CPU finds its first 64K of base memory in. You'll need to consult your manual to see which bank is first. If all your memory tests good, you probably need to buy another motherboard. 3 Short Beeps Basically the same thing as 2 beeps. Follow that diagnosis above.
It's possible that the LCD isn't working for whatever reason. If the computer is POSTing fine (Power-On-Self-Test it's what the two beeps symbolize generally) then it's likely that the LCD isn't functioning. My recommendation will be to hook an external monitor up to the laptop and see if you get video from there.
Well, appears that either the memory card or the Video graphics card is bad. When you hit the power button do any lights show up on the control panel?
How many beeps do you hear. Does it continue to beep or just once?
You can email me at dev one zero nine w at yahoo. I will be glad to put an end to your problem.
do you hear your power on self test beep? check your video card. the monitor has a light on it it should be green if its working. what color is it? check all of your video plugins. It sounds like its booting but without video who knows